No announcement yet.

What exactly does Expired mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key What exactly does Expired mean?

I've subscribed to DVDFab (Platinum + Mobile) for 4 years, renewing twice. Now my license has expired.

Can someone please explain exactly what I can and can't do with the product now?

It appears I can still run the installed version but perhaps I can't update to a new one without a new license.

I am not planning to renew at present because I rarely use the program and now own a few BluRays which will require purchasing another DVDFab component.

Also, I notice when I log into dvdfab.com it shows my products as expired in 2011, which is incorrect, and for version 5, which is the original product I purchased in 2008.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

I think it still works like this: you can indeed continue to use the installed version, forever. If you update it, it will ask you to register eventually, and will go into HD Decrypter mode (free forever) if you don't. One of my licenses shows version 3, which is the one in effect when it was purchased.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals, do you know if I can reinstall the last registered version (8.1.8.5) or and update to a newer version (latest v8.x) without reverting to the free components only?

Comment

Dude, I am not sure to be honest. The policies on this have changed over time and I'm not sure how it works now. I think if you install any version newer than the expired one it will eventually revert to the free version, but it is not always instantaneous. I think there is the hope you meant to renew (it is pretty cheap) but it slipped your mind . You can't get email support after expiration but are always welcome to seek help here.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X