Blacklisted License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Blacklisted License

I have been using DVDFab for approximately 3 years and been very satisfied with its performance. My question is simply does anyone know what a "black list" is? I bought a lifetime license and now find I no longer have access to anything but "Blu Ray" copy. When contacting the support I was told I am on a black list and that a lifetime license does not entitle me to anything but one function. Has anyone else run into this problem or can anyone explain what is going on?
    Thanks
    Paul

Where did you buy your lifetime license? Usually this is because of an unauthorized seller selling the same key to several buyers. Sharing your legitimate key can get you blacklisted. Only the support team can tell you for sure why it happened.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I am moving and retitling your thread, it has nothing to do with Fair Use.

This should serve as a warning to all not to share your key, license number or Member Center password with anyone.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Where did you buy your lifetime license? Usually this is because of an unauthorized seller selling the same key to several buyers. Sharing your legitimate key can get you blacklisted. Only the support team can tell you for sure why it happened.
        Thanks for the reply. I bought it directly from the DVDFab site. I have been in contact with support and the only answer I get is that I am on a blacklist. Not very helpful. If someone is using my copy I'd sure like to know.
        Thanks again,
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          I am moving and retitling your thread, it has nothing to do with Fair Use.

This should serve as a warning to all not to share your key, license number or Member Center password with anyone.
          Thank you. I don't know who would be using my key. I have not allowed anyone to use or copy this. How could someone get it other than through me?
          Thanks again,
          Paul Wildrick

Comment

Did you ever run fab on more than 2 machines at same time?
            ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Hi Jonatan,
              I don't think this happened but it could be possible. Years ago the courts said that a program purchased could be put on a desktop and laptop since the user normally used only one at a time and I do have it on a desktop and laptop. I don't normally have both running at the same time since I keep my laptop in my case at the church I attend and my desktop at home. But like I said anything is possible since I occasionally bring it home to update files. Thanks for the information.
              Paul

Comment

Working...
              X