Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other What is DVDFab Platinum

Hello Fellow DVDfab-ers!

Well it has come time for me to renew my DVDfab software, and I am very confused. What I purchased so long ago was a product called "DVDFab Platinum". The site will allow me to renew it for a modest fee, but the problem is I have no idea how that product relates to the current products being offered since "DVDfab Platinum" is no longer listed in the products available. I want to know what it consists of, as I bought it so long ago I have forgotten. So if someone can help me identify what products DVDfab Platinum includes I will either renew it, or upgrade it. What I want is DVD Copy and DVD Ripper for sure. If someone can clarify this for me I would be very grateful!

Thanks,

Fryerider

DVD Copy and DVD Ripper is what the old Platinium was. I don't know if or how that might have changed, but I want to believe it will be the same.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312!

To 90312 -

I really appreciate your response! I want to be sure that both DVD copy and DVD ripper were part of my DVDfab Platinum and will be included in the renewal. I'm quite sure that copy was included, but I am questioning whether ripper was included. I had no need for that previously, and if it was included I had no need to use it and never did. But now having the ripper has become a desire. So please confirm this and I will renew my platinum right away.

Thanks again,

Fryerider

Comment

I can't confirm that for you Fryerider I'm a forum moderator and not employed by nor represent DVDFab, I have no involvement or knowledge of their operations. The office in China will reopen Monday and I suggest you contact them for confirmation.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm pretty sure that niner is correct as this is was what I originally purchased and how it migrated for me but I also cannot confirm this. You would be better sending an email to China to confirm.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            I'm pretty sure that niner is correct as this is was what I originally purchased and how it migrated for me but I also cannot confirm this. You would be better sending an email to China to confirm.
            Yep, my 2 pals, 90312 and GregiBoy are spot on if memory serves me correctly...problem is...we're all old farts...

To confirm this is still the case, please do as GregiBoy suggests:

mona@dvdfab.com

She'll help you out
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Speak for yourself, you old fart...

Tou are as young as WHOEVER you are feeling!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

To veer dangerously back to the topic, it depends on WHEN you bought Platinum, and I don't remember the dates for the Copy/Ripper split, but I think the change from Lifetime to renewable was in May of 2008, early in version 5.

/////EDIT//////
                On further reflection, those dates are dubious.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

To My Fellow Old Farts

From one old fart to some others: Thanks for your input. I will wait until Monday (I'm guessing Monday in China?) and get in touch with them about this.

With appreciation!

Fryerider

Comment

The office should be open late Sunday evening east coast US time.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      To veer dangerously back to the topic, it depends on WHEN you bought Platinum, and I don't remember the dates for the Copy/Ripper split, but I think the change from Lifetime to renewable was in May of 2008, early in version 5.

/////EDIT//////
                      On further reflection, those dates are dubious.
                      Hey pard,

Actually, I believe May 8, 2008 is the correct date for the "Copy/Ripper split".
                      I didn't post it though as I didn't trust the old noggin.......
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I got this from the web site:
                        1. How can I get updates if my purchases made before May 8, 2008?
                        2. You still can get lifetime upgrade of the product you originally ordered. Please download and install the latest version of DVDFab at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm.
                          If you need new keys to use DVDFab up-to-date version, please sign up at DVDFab Member Center at http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm to retrieve.
                        http://www.dvdfab.com/faq/?type=upgr..._renewal#faq_5

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X