Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is DVDFab 8 going to be phased out?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have version 4 and 5 hahaha they have come a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
      There is no difference between the two versions really as far as what they do. But it comes down to preference. I can see ver 8 being phased out eventually and over time we will all get use to ver 9. Well if you still want to use fab then you probably will not have much choice. Also I can't see it being very economical to the fab team to keep both going.
      Well there is one massive difference in that I understand you must be on line to use, or at least start, using version 9, and I just do not like this idea.

I prefer to be off line while making DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
        Well there is one massive difference in that I understand you must be on line to use, or at least start, using version 9, and I just do not like this idea.

I prefer to be off line while making DVDs.
        I agree when i use imgbrn on my back ups i too have my internet connection off. Perhaps they will have a setting later on that will allow you to prevent ver 9 from going online. But is this done because of the protections with regards to the Bluray disc's not sure but was wondering non the less.

Comment

Guys you don't have to be online all the time. In Version 9 be online until the program loads for DVDs and if BR until the disc scan completes then log off the net to work it over. You need not be online 100% of the time.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay cool I have just started to look at the newer version and that's good to know.

Comment

Sorry to double post was curious why does it go online for anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                Guys you don't have to be online all the time. In Version 9 be online until the program loads for DVDs and if BR until the disc scan completes then log off the net to work it over. You need not be online 100% of the time.
                Okay, so it has nothing to do with USING DVDFab, has this been done as a measure to ensure you have a genuine copy of DVDFab?

Comment

Version 9 checks with the server for your registration, and if it is a BR disc it looks to the server for some decryption information, same as version 8 has for a long time now. The only real difference is the initial license check for version 9.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Makes sense thank you for clearing that up 90312.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      Version 9 checks with the server for your registration, and if it is a BR disc it looks to the server for some decryption information, same as version 8 has for a long time now. The only real difference is the initial license check for version 9.
                      Well I only have DVDs so IF I upgrade to 9 all that is happening is DVDFab are checking my honesty.

Think I will stay with 8 as long as possible.

Comment

It's not your honesty that's in question, it's the other MOFOS that are selling registration keys illegally and the idiots that are sucked in by a cheap price that buy from them!
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                          Well I only have DVDs so IF I upgrade to 9 all that is happening is DVDFab are checking my honesty.

Think I will stay with 8 as long as possible.
                          I see your point but I am glad they check. I pay for my use of Dvdfab products as many others do and yeah those MOFOS p_ss me off. Its nice to see the Fab team take some initiative on this. Its the same MOFOS that drive the price up on future products, for people like us that pay and use the product honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            It's not your honesty that's in question, it's the other MOFOS that are selling registration keys illegally and the idiots that are sucked in by a cheap price that buy from them!
                            Okay, well surely there was an easier way, rather than force us honest people to go on line just to use our DVDFab we have had legally for many years.

I could understand if anyone now buying 9, OR any of us long time users want to upgrade to 9, having to go on line ONCE to check us out, but NOT every time I want to use DVDFab.

As I said I think I will stay with 8 as long as possible.

Comment

There may be changes to the online feature but, not for Blu-Ray as it needs it to get the keys from the sever.
                              Only Fengtao can make this decision about being online and I am happy with whatever his decision may be.
                              Believe it or not there are many programs that connect to the internet with or without your knowledge.
                              How do you think these programs tell you that there is a newer version available and you have updates? Magic or crystal balls
                              CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                                There may be changes to the online feature but, not for Blu-Ray as it needs it to get the keys from the sever.
                                Only Fengtao can make this decision about being online and I am happy with whatever his decision may be.
                                Believe it or not there are many programs that connect to the internet with or without your knowledge.
                                How do you think these programs tell you that there is a newer version available and you have updates? Magic or crystal balls
                                CBR929
                                Obviously there is nothing I can do about it, as you say it is up to Fengtao.

Just for me I do not want to have to be on line every time I want to use DVDFab, especially as I only do DVDs not Blurays, so I will stay with 8 as long as possible.

I go to a lot of trouble to try to ensure no sites can access my computer randomly, apart from MSE, Malwarebytes and CCleaner which are (hopefully) protecting my computer.

Comment

Working...
                                X