Change a region code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change a region code?

What is the best way to change a region code? I have a region 4 (Australian) DVD that I want to convert to a region free or a region 1 (US). I found a setting on DVD Copy 8 that alters the region code setting, will this work? A message also comes up saying that you can only do this for a certain number of times. Can DVD Copy 8 remove or change the region code? If not, what is the best and cheapest way to do this?

Leave the optical player set to region 4 and just make a backup copy, it will be region free, or more accurately all regions. It movie will still be PAL formatted though Fab won't change that so if your player doesn't play PAL discs that might not help a lot.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Change a region code?

Do you mean leave the DVD Copy 8 setting on region 4 and this will work? Will this affect the way it backs up US region 1 DVDs? or do I need to keep changing it back and forth?

Comment

I didn't get both questions from your post, sorry. I was referring to making a region free copy of your region 4 discs. I really can't answer about copy of a region 1 disc on your region 4 hardware? Never tried that?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Change a region code?

You kind of understand. I use DVD Copy 8 (love it) and I have a region 4 DVD. I found the settings that can change the region of the DVD being backed up. If I set this to the region 4 setting...this will back up my region 4 DVD to a playable region free DVD..right? But then I'll have to change it back to region 1 to back up my region 1 (US) DVDs...right? But why does the program only allow me a limited amount of times that I can do this? Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

Are you in region 1 USA or region 4 Australia?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Change a region code?

I'm in region 1....US.

Comment

You leave the settings as the region where you normally are and leave Fab make the disk region free.

The number of changes is restricted by the hardware manufacturers but you should never need to change this.

This does not guarantee that a R4 region-free disk will play on your R1 hardware as AU disks are normally PAL and R1 NTSC. Depends whether your playing hardware supports PAL.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Change a region code?

OK...so I don't need to change anything...right? Just leave the settings on region 1 like it is and has been...and it should work? If this doesn't work, is there software that can change the region of a DVD? Thanks for all your help.

Comment

YES and Fab make the DVD region free.

If you are talking about converting PAL to NTSC, Fab does not do it.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Change a region code?

Ok...we're almost there. But...what do you mean when you say..."and Fab make the DVD region free." Do you mean don't change the settings at all and Fab will handle the rest on its own? ....sorry.

Comment

Yes, DVDFab output is region-free or more accurately "all-region" with no changes to the settings at all, except for the instructions in Settings to remove the region code, which is set by default. You can set it to leave the region coding alone if there is some reason to do so.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X