This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old versions

I have several old versions still installed on my computer, can or should I uninstall them?

Hi is14fun
    Most of us keep them.
    You never know when an older version might work and a newer version fail.
    I try to keep all installers in a separate folder and send them to members via e-mail if they should need them.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Are you saying that (for example) if I install 8.2.2.7 when I already have 8.2.2.6 installed it won't remove, update, or install over the previous version, and I would have two different versions installed on my hard drive at the same time? I just want to be clear on this...

Comment

No, that is only true if you install a non-Qt version with a Qt version (e.g. v8.0.8.5 + v8.x.x.x Qt) or any v8 with any v9 or if you manually set the install folder to something other than the default. What you may want to keep is the installer exe file, the one that you download.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, thanks... I'll remember that. So just out of idle curiosity, what exactly is Qt?

Comment

It is the environment used to write the code.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Axel Slingerland View Post
              Ok, thanks... I'll remember that. So just out of idle curiosity, what exactly is Qt?
              Qt (/ˈkjuːt/ "cute", or unofficially as Q-T cue-tee[6][7]) is a cross-platform application framework that is widely used for developing application software with a graphical user interface (GUI) (in which cases Qt is classified as a widget toolkit), and also used for developing non-GUI programs such as command-line tools and consoles for servers.
              Easy as that LOL
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Thanks for the better explanation. (And the tax \ fine thing too!)

Comment

Working...
                X