DVD to USB stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to USB stick

Can I put a DVD backup on to a USB stick with DVD Fab? If so how do I do that? Thanks to the developers of this awesome software and to the forum for the great assistance.

Certainly, you can write a DVD folder to any device that your operating system recognizes as a drive. Networked drives are not recommended for use as targets. You may get better results if you write the output to an attached hard drive, then transfer it to a thumb drive.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have ripped a DVD to my hard drive already. I even moved that ripped dvd onto a flash drive BUT it isnt the same as burning to a DVD. When this is done by moving yo do not get the chapters like you do when burning to a DVD. How can I make a movie on a flash drive just like one on a DVD?

Comment

Do it the same way as burning to a blank DVD just make the USB drive the target instead of the burner.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

What should I be using to burn?

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
            What should I be using to burn?
            You should rip to folders with the USB drive as the target.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

And you should be able to play from the folders with all the features of a normal DVD.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I am using DVD Copy and it does not allow me to rip to USB. Even if I could that only rips to vob files and doesnt keep the chapters together.

Comment

If you want to convert a DVD to one file then you need DVD ripper DVD copy won't do that for you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Will DVD Ripper retain the original Chapters within the movie and allow me to move from chapter to chapter if I want?

Comment

None that I have found, if you rip it to a folder like GregiBoy said you can play it and move from chapter to chapter just like it was a disc.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Coop, if you have a player like VLC just click on the folder and it will play, if you have to select a file inside the folder the VIDEO_TS.ifo is the one that will knit and play all the vob files in the right order.

Albert Einstein

Comment

So I should not be using DVD Copy but DVD Ripper instead?

Comment

If the ability to select chapters is important to you use DVD copy. Save to the HDD as a folder then move it to the USB drive if you want. Play it by selecting the folder if your player allows. If not and you have to select a file within the VIDEO_TS subfolder then select VIDEO_TS.IFO the movie will play correctly and you can do what you want.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X