This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other QT vs. non-QT

Can someone explain the difference between the QT versions of DVDFab and the non-QT version?

Thanks.

They are made with a different development environment. The non-Qt are older versions that are now obsolete. You can still download one of the most stable non-Qt versions (v8.0.8.5) from the download page on the DVDFab website. At the time of the first Qt releases, the feature sets were the same.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you... will stick to QT then.

Comment

Does that still apply with version 9, which I HAVE now downloaded and installed?

Just I noticed while all the version 8s are still QT and the version 9 betas too, all the official 9 releases are NOT QT ?

Comment

David, what difference does it make?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            David, what difference does it make?
            That is what I am asking???

Why are all 8 updates and 9 beta updates QT, but NOT official full 9 updates???

What is the difference, IF any, between QT and non QT ???

Comment

Hi davidh
              They are all QT, Beta and Official updates.
              If you open the file location for one that says QT and one that does not, you will see that they both have the QT framework.
              It all boils down to what the developer types, he could type 9.0.2.6 HGjJuigfDROKLpoNjiugB and in the end it is still QT.
              CBR929
              Last edited by CBR929; 02-16-2013, 12:37 AM.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thank you for your answer

IF that is true it is ridiculous, I still have DVDFab 6 on my computer, also 7, 8 and a separate 8QT and now 9.

You are saying there is NO difference at all between the 8 and the 8QT
                Last edited by CBR929; 02-16-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Does it really make any difference?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Does it really make any difference?
                    That is what I am trying to find out, but I can NOT get a sensible straight answer.

Comment

The difference is the programming language. QT is a programming language that allowed the cross platform PC/mac. Prior to QT C++ was used and that is uniquely a PC machine language. Functionally no difference.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                        The difference is the programming language. QT is a programming language that allowed the cross platform PC/mac. Prior to QT C++ was used and that is uniquely a PC machine language. Functionally no difference.
                        Finally a sensible answer, THANK YOU.

If only everyone here was as helpful as you.

I do not have a Mac so guess it does not matter to me then.

Does that also mean that version 9, which I have now downloaded will eventually go to 9QT?

Comment

I think it is a safe assumption to believe it always has been, as has everthing since 8.0.8.5.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I've just got more time on my hands davidh, I'm retired and the other guys have to work for a living.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              I think it is a safe assumption to believe it always has been, as has everthing since 8.0.8.5.
                              Thank you, now I understand it, IF only everyone here was as helpful as you.

Comment

Working...
                              X