This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure which modules I need

I definately need Blu Ray to Blu Ray. I haven't backed up DVD's in quite a while. When I did...I used the free DVDFab Decrypter module. Then I used Nero recode to re-encode and burn...always came out good. I am just thinking of the lifetime Blu Ray to Blu Ray...since I have been mainly playing with Blu Ray for the past few months. I even have a routine for getting Blu Ray down to DVD9...so just wanted some thoughts...

Thanks

Happy Holidays

Bob

DVDFab will currently convert Blu-Ray to BD9 (Blu-Ray on dual-layer DVDR, a.k.a. AVCHD). There is not (yet) a DVDFab module to convert a Blu-Ray to standard DVD if that is what you were looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by bobmitch View Post
      I definately need Blu Ray to Blu Ray. I haven't backed up DVD's in quite a while. When I did...I used the free DVDFab Decrypter module. Then I used Nero recode to re-encode and burn...always came out good. I am just thinking of the lifetime Blu Ray to Blu Ray...since I have been mainly playing with Blu Ray for the past few months. I even have a routine for getting Blu Ray down to DVD9...so just wanted some thoughts...

Thanks

Happy Holidays

Bob
      Sounds like that would be all you would need if you are buying mostly BD content now. You may have other tools for converting files for mobile devices and there will be a BD to Mobile at some point in DVDFab I'm sure.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK...so I guess Blu Ray to Blu Ray it is. Currently...I have played around and this is how I get DVD from Blue Ray using Nero 9

I basically use DVDFab Blu Ray to Blu Ray module to rip MOVIE ONLY. Set it for either BD25 or BD9. Rip. Import the single file into NeroVision 9 and choose to burn a DVD9. NeroVision (when using the 26 GB file) will tell me that the video needs to be re-encoded...so I let it (takes about an hour)...then it burns to DVD...perfect quality...pretty simple...

Thanks for the input...

Bob

Comment

I would suggest you use Movie Only and select BD50 if you are going to encode using Nero. This way if the movie is larger than would fit on a BD25 you are not encoding twice (with the subsequent loss of quality and time).

Comment

I have done that with Blu Ray ripped to the HDD...quality was excellent

Comment

Working...
            X