Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

default save to location?

I would think this would be somewhere in the options but I cannot find it

yeah, a couple times I've ripped or copied a blu ray and forgot to set the save location, so then it looks for my burner, but I don't want to burn it, so I lose the whole rip or copy and the last hours work and have to re-copy or re-rip

Whether or not this happens depends on your settings. You can tell DVDFab NOT to delete temporary files when done. You can set the default output type to be a folder rather than a blank disc. Either of these would prevent what is happening to you. Look in the default location for the temp files, they may still be there. Spend some time looking through the Settings area, there are many things there that let DVDFab protect you from yourself. They have saved me many times.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for that. Yes, I've gone thru the options a few times now... I found where to keep temp files so that's a plus um... it just saved me too, I forgot to set the drop down save to again

I can find where to set the output folder but still have found no way to set the default save to location in the drop down

Comment

I just updated to 9.0.4.0 and was concerned that they'd removed the ability to set the default output type for a DVD to "DVD Folder" or removed the ability to set a default location for output and/or temp files. It isn't in the most obvious place in the settings, but it is still there.
        1. Open up settings (the little gear/cog icon along the top of the main app view).
        2. In the "General" item under the "General" tab, fill in the "Output Directory" and "Temporary Directory" you'd like.
        3. In the "DVD Copy" item under the "DVD" tab, select the "Default output type" you'd like.

That should be all you need to do so that next time you start DVDFab it defaults to write the output where you want them.

Comment

Directory Settings

Can the directory settings be saved permanently? I do not want the temp on my boot drive but on another drive but DVDFab always seems to save to the C drive even when I tell it to save to a different drive

Comment

Try setting it in common settings here:
            Attached Files
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X