Program issues with a new laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program issues with a new laptop

I have used dvdfab for several years on an older laptop, recently purchased a new one and wanted to transfer use starting with V9. It has been a complete failure. Nothing works properly, cannot burn discs, cannot convert older files to ipod format, it is all very frustrating. I have even tried downloading V8 and still issues. Maybe the program is not compatible with the new laptop, I have no idea but am tired of dealing with it all. My goal now is I to return all use to the old laptop.

Is there anything specific that I need to do to wipe all traces of the program from the new laptop and decrease any possible issues from now on?

(my purchased products are listed as DVDFab5 (Platinum)/Mobile Option)
    Last edited by isajck; 04-16-2013, 01:04 AM.

Just don't run Fab simultaneously on both machines.

By chance is the new one running Win 8?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Just don't run Fab simultaneously on both machines.

By chance is the new one running Win 8?
      I never have both laptops on at the same time so there is no simultaneous running of the program and yes, the new one is running Win 8.

If I run the generic uninstall program will it remove all traces of V9 from the new laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by isajck View Post
        I never have both laptops on at the same time so there is no simultaneous running of the program and yes, the new one is running Win 8.

If I run the generic uninstall program will it remove all traces of V9 from the new laptop?
        Yes, it should, but you might try a pass with a registry cleaner, if you can find one that works with Win8.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Buy a copy of Windows 7 and install it on your laptop...

Comment

Working...
          X