Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates

I am presently running V9028 which I have found to be very stable and reliable - I see that the latest official version is 9038 and I'm reluctant to update unless absolutely necessary - I also see that 9038 has a fix for the 'Jack Reacher' copy/rip problem and I hope to copy/rip that later this week. Do I need to update to 9038 or will my present 9028 copy/rip 'Jack Reacher' without problems? As I say, I'm not really keen on updating unless I have to. Thanks

To back up Jack Reacher you will need to update.
    Visualize Whirled Peas.

Comment

Hi whaleshark
      You can install 9038 in its own directory so you do not have to worry about the newer version overwriting 9028.

To do this download 9038 to your download folder, right click it, run as administrator.
      During install as the windows pop up you will need to change the install directory > see pic, then when the window comes up next you will uncheck the box to create a start menu folder > see pic, then when the screen comes up to create a desktop icon and quick launch you will uncheck these also.

Last but not least, you will browse to your install directory C:\Program Files\DVDFab 9038, open it, then you will right click DVD Fab application > send to desktop (create short cut) , once on your desktop you will right click it, select rename DVDFab 9038.
      Hope I did not confuse you
      CBR929
      Attached Files
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Updates

Thanks to both for your responses - I'll install the 9038 version (or later if necessary) in a separate folder as CBR929 suggests later on when I find that an update is called for in order to copy/rip the newer BD issues. That way, all bases should be covered. Don't get me wrong - The Fab developers do a great job, but sometimes it seems that the updates cause a few 'wrinkles' where none existed before... And I'm a great believer in the old adage of "If it ain't broke.............."

Comment

All

Remember that most (but not all) BD decryption issues are handled with updates to the decryption database server and may not require an updated installer. Still good to stay updated though!
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Even with Beta's (They are not truly betas in the real sense but rather updates)
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X