Lifetime upgrades now limited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifetime upgrades now limited?

Long time user here. Have lifetime for DVD Copy, DVD Ripper, and VC. I also upgrade my computer quite often and reinstall Windows at least once a year. I have several computers in my house. I use 2 PC's and a laptop. With this new registration method, are there now limits on how many computers I can register? I've read that there is a limit of 2 computers/registrations. So if I put version 9 on 2 of my computers and then later on reinstall Windows or build myself a new computer am I going to be unable to install it in those instances?

There has always been a limitation of 2 x installs.

Simply put, as long as you do not run FAB on more than 2 machines SIMULTANEOUSY, you should not have a problem.

If you do, the chances that your Rego will be blacklisted are pretty good.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks. I was concerned about the upgrade/new pc scenario.

I am not happy about the program wanting to "phone home" everytime I use it. That is a very real privacy issue. I must presume my usage is being tracked and monitored. And by whom? Are there other purposes of which we are not being made aware? If I use the program a lot, are there going to be consequences that I haven't had to face before?

I've liked this program in the past. However, I now have very serious reservations about it now. As should all users. I used to recommend this program to my friends. No more.

Interestingly, I do find this new "feature" very ironic.

Comment

Hi cgos
        The phone home is only to check if your using a registered version or a pirated version.
        Fab always phones home when using Blu-Ray, because the keys are held on the server.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I did a quick packet inspection early in the piece and all it was doing was checking the rego key when it starts up.

Also, don't forget that any good A/V software should be there to protect you and Fab passes their criterea.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Good grief! Get some meds for that paranoia. DVDFab does not care how often you use it or what you use it to copy and that kind of data is not even gathered except in the logs which remain on your PC (and which you can disable). This is a non-issue as far as privacy is concerned.
            Originally posted by cgos View Post
            Thanks. I was concerned about the upgrade/new pc scenario.

I am not happy about the program wanting to "phone home" everytime I use it. That is a very real privacy issue. I must presume my usage is being tracked and monitored. And by whom? Are there other purposes of which we are not being made aware? If I use the program a lot, are there going to be consequences that I haven't had to face before?

I've liked this program in the past. However, I now have very serious reservations about it now. As should all users. I used to recommend this program to my friends. No more.

Interestingly, I do find this new "feature" very ironic.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X