Default settings lost when upgrading to v9.0.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default settings lost when upgrading to v9.0.4.2

First of all let me say that I didn't know which forum to place this message...it's not about Blu-Ray Ripper/Copy or DVD Ripper/Copy specifically, it's a more generic message.

Anyway, I upgraded DVDFab from v9.0.4.0 to v9.0.4.2 and some of my default settings have been lost. I'm not entirely sure how many settings have changed, but I know that "Streams", "Subtitle", "Do not preselect any subtitle track" was changed to "Preselect the following subtitle tracks".

Changing settings on upgrades has happened before...Please, please, please, can upgrades to the product NOT change any settings?

Kind regards,

Delta12

Get it delta12.
    More info are needed. Did you update your fab by overwrite installation or uninstall the previous installation? If it's uninstall the previous installation, whether you choose "Remove your personal data and customizations" during uninstallation?

Comment

This issue is fixed and will not happen in the next release.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
        Get it delta12.
        More info are needed. Did you update your fab by overwrite installation or uninstall the previous installation? If it's uninstall the previous installation, whether you choose "Remove your personal data and customizations" during uninstallation?
        One example:

For the last versions when you install a new version - every time the devices that should be "active" is reseted back to all set to active.

(Settings -> Devices)

Also happens when you install the latest one 9.0.4.3.

Comment

I have the same issue, for the past few releases, it seems like every time I upgrade to the latest release, DVDFab will lose my settings and then I have to reset them (if I remember to).

Comment

Originally posted by Sinfire View Post
            I have the same issue, for the past few releases, it seems like every time I upgrade to the latest release, DVDFab will lose my settings and then I have to reset them (if I remember to).
            Did you update to the latest build v9043?

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Just did it for me, moving from 9038 to 9042. Overwrote, did not uninstall and then reinstall.

The two things I have noticed so far is that I am now unable to run concurrent iterations of DVDFab, and I am prompted for the blu ray region information on first inserting a disk (where before I had set it to always use B).

I'm sure there are other settings that have been reverted to defaults but I haven't run into them yet, and the problem is that I don't remember what they all are until they happen.

Comment

Please follow the suggestion from Wilson of the DVDFab Staff in an earlier post and update to the v9.0.4.3 Beta build.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Still happens all the way up to the latest v9.0.4.7. Real pain...
                  "Are you still master of your domain?"
                  Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Working...
                  X