Plans for expanding offline mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for expanding offline mode?

I finally upgraded the other night to v9, but hadn't heard about the new requirement for internet access to use. This completely breaks my workflow.

What I do is extract to ISOs at home, and perform video conversions on my laptop at work. It only takes a minute or so to start a conversion job, then it just runs while I'm doing other things. Connecting my personal system to works network is out of the question, however. So in it's current state, v9 is a no-go for me.

Does anyone know if there are plans to allow for something besides just HD-DVD decrypter when offline? I understand that I couldn't extract anything, but I'd like to be able to re-encode things in the background while at work using DVDFab.

Thanks.

If you extract at home with version 9 then you can use version 8 at work to manipulate the iso. I do that a lot for my mobile device files.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Will this work going forward with BluRay disks as well?

I'm kind of behind the times, , but I'm moving on to my BluRay stuff now and was trying to decide about purchasing a lifetime version of the BluRay tools.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Well it works here at home for me but I'm connected all the time. I'll dis connect and give it a try, it should work since there is no encryption in the iso made from V9. I'll get back to you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah it works fine with BluRay, I disconnected and started copy to BD25 from a BR folder on the HDD. So rip with V9, take them to work and use V8 on them!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok, thanks for testing that out!! I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by drogo View Post
              Will this work going forward with BluRay disks as well?

I'm kind of behind the times, , but I'm moving on to my BluRay stuff now and was trying to decide about purchasing a lifetime version of the BluRay tools.

Thanks for the quick reply!
              You will need to install and register v8 on the laptop with the old style (downloadable) v6 keys, which are still available from the Member Center on the DVDFab website.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                You will need to install and register v8 on the laptop with the old style (downloadable) v6 keys, which are still available from the Member Center on the DVDFab website.
                Yes, I didn't remove the v8 when I installed v9, so I've still got that one installed and keys activated, so I should be good to go.

Thanks.

Comment

While using DVDFab8 works for now.... what happens when support for DVDFab8 is stopped? The DVDFab9 customers that need to work when there isn't an internet connection are screwed.

This was not a well thought out idea by the DVDFab developers or management.

Comment

MrVideo
                    It was very well thought out. You need to chill, this is the second post of yours I've had to review tonight. Support for v8 is already essentially stopped, it has not been updated since v8.2.2.8 was released in February. You have been a member here for less than a week, gain some perspective before telling the owners how to run the company!
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well I've been a user of DVDFab for about 5 years now can I ask whether there will be an offline mode available or will I just get shot down for asking a simple question? I don't mean to sound defensive but after a viewing some of the threads on here about the same thing. We haven't been given a definitive answer. We've been told not to rant, not to tell the developers how to run the company, not to use the program. I mean it's just a question. As a paying user are we not allowed to ask questions? People have asked politely and some more aggressively but no one has given an answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X