This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Admin 9044 Beta install irregularity

Note: The installer for v9.0.4.4 Beta in some cases may pop up a box, advising you that Windows Explorer is using some files that need to be closed to continue the installation. The default option is "Close Automatically" but do NOT select it. Instead choose "Do not close". If you choose the default, the windows desktop vanishes and does not return, at least it did this on my Win7 system. Proceed with caution! "Do not close" seems to produce a normal install, but you may wish to wait for this to be corrected.

The developers have been notified of this. This thread is open, please report your results and OS version.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Did you do an over the top installation signals? As you know I always do a clean uninstall before updating including the prefetch folder and registry, I did not encounter this issue, everything went smoothly.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

It was over the top, I always do that, just habit from the old days.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The QA Team has reproduced the problem in a few cases, but it should not effect most users. It will be corrected for the next release.

Comment

Vista home ran normal no problem......
          Installed over the top as normal.

Comment

Just installed over the top of 9.0.4.3 and had the same issue. Selected 'Do Not Close' and everything installed and worked just fine.
            Win 7 Pro x64.

Comment

Windows 7. Installed over top of 9.0.4.3 without issue. A completely normal install.

Comment

hi,
                I instilled 9.0.4.4 over the top of 9.0.4.3
                OS win 8 Pro. desktop stead nomal.

Comment

I'm on Vista Home and it asked to shut down explorer. I let it shut down explorer and it continued with the install and restarted explorer when it was done. I thought it was a strange request but I wanted to see what happened. :-)

Oh yea I installed over previous version. I also always right click and choose run as admin for the install and the shortcut for dvdfab is setup to run as admin. I started doing this some time ago when installs were having trouble and settings were being forgotten. Haven't had any probs since.
                  Last edited by Fred_Fish; 06-05-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for prividing feedback on this .

Comment

OK Here. Used the "Do not close" option.

Comment

I installed over 9.0.4.4.3 and all went well!

Comment

Just installed v9.0.4.4 over the top of v9.0.4.3 and had the same issue.
                          Selected 'Do Not Close' and everything installed and worked just fine.
                          Win 8 Pro x64 Dutch.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
                          Life is what happens in between.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi All:
                            Please try to download and install 9044beta again. I have uploaded a new one which resolved this problem.

Thanks,
                            Potti

Comment

Thanks Potti, I will try it ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X