Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Movies in HD-DVD format

Hi:
    A friend of mine gave me a few movies in the old format HD-DVD, and I remember that in the past a few versions of dvdfab, probably versions 4 and 5 used to handle this kind of discs, anyone remember what versions were? I would like to converter them to dvd or blu-ray format. Any help of how I can do this would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

IIRC, it was Version 5. Try here to get an old version
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for your reply GregiBoy.
      As you suggested I tried to use v.5.2.5.0 once I load the disc in the drive, nothing happens, dvdfab just stay idle, any other version I can try? also I forgot to say that I don't have a HD-DVD drive in my computer,mine are dvd and blu-ray readers and writers,do I need something special to read those kind of discs or my computer can handle them by itself?
      Something else you or someone else can have in mind to help me to accomplish this task?
      any help would be very welcome and appreciated.
      Thanks.

Comment

Yeah you'll have to have an HD-DVD drive in the computer your BR drive won't even see a disc in the drive. Might be a task to find an HD-DVD drive now?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312.
          Well not having a HD-DVD drive connected to my computer explains why I could not see it in any of my two drives as you said, so, I must have a HD-DVD drive if I want to conver them to a different format? or there is another way I can do it without the drive?
          Thanks...

Comment

Nope.

You need an HD-DVD capable drive to read an HD-DVD disc...
            I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
            I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Passkey will decrypt them for you if you have a HD-DVD or hybrid drive, a more up-to-date solution than v5 of DVDFab. There was only a single release of DVDFab that was HD-DVD capable.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Then what? Will DVDFab convert the result to something useful like Blu-Ray structure for burning?

I have several of these myself, I jumped on the wrong bandwagon early on.

Albert Einstein

Comment

HD dvd

you can use the xbox hd dvd drive

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your help.
                    My friend who gave me this movies used his Xbox 360 to watch them, so, if I get his Xbox or HD-DVD drive and I plug it to my computer and I use dvdfab or passkey I will be able to copy the movies to my hard drive?? ....and using dvdfab will convert them to dvd or blu-ray format as 90312 asked?? ... or using passkey as signal suggested, do I have to use another program to conver them to a different format??.
                    Again any help from you will be very appreciated.
                    Thanks.

Comment

The DVD/Blu-ray Creator module might work after the files are decrypted, depending on how the disc was authored. I have never tried it. I have 8 or 10 of these dinosaurs also, along with a HD-DVD standalone player. Not my wisest media investment.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I suppose you have a Betamax VCR also!!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I still have my HD-DVD set top player too, and use it. Don't use my 8 track tape deck much any more.

Albert Einstein

Comment

LOL I was wiser in those days, I had S-VHS, even had one of the few commercial movies released on S-VHS, the third of the Indiana Jones movies. Looked pretty good, almost DVD-like.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              I suppose you have a Betamax VCR also!!!

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              I still have my HD-DVD set top player too, and use it. Don't use my 8 track tape deck much any more.
                              You guys are going back in the time machine with this thread I remember the 8-track days but I was a "cassette" guy back then.

I did the same thing with the Laserdisc format. I bought the fancy Pioneer player that could play both sides of the disc without ejecting the tray.

I didn't buy a ton of those discs but I'd like to have those $'s back now

Comment

Working...
                              X