Looking for DVDFab9 feature..if it exists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for DVDFab9 feature..if it exists

I was messing around ripping some of my Blu-Rays to MP4 for my Tablet.

My files have been about 1-1.5GB in size, which will eat up space. I managed to get one movie from about 800MB to 291MB with AWESOME picture quality and sound, but I had the subtitles appearantly set to be on all the time.

No problem, right? WRONG!

I appearantly didn't save the settings!

Is there a way for me find out the settings within the program?

To ensure that you don't encode with subs, have a read of this thread.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Download and install MediaInfo (free) and let it analyze the golden file. You will see all the settings.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        To ensure that you don't encode with subs, have a read of this thread.
        I want the subtitles, just not always on. At times when my house is noisy (When the kids are home), they only way I can get thru a movie is to read the sub titles. Other times, such as late night in bed, I dont need them.

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Download and install MediaInfo (free) and let it analyze the golden file. You will see all the settings.
        WOW........found it. TONS OF INFO! I'll review it with the next file I try to encode and make it match as much as I can.
        Last edited by broderp; 07-24-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Man, this site is full of such helpful people. I would have never guessed I would get so much help. I should have bought this years ago!

You guys are really making what seems like a fairly steep learning curve very palitable and almost easy. Thank you!

Comment

Firstly, you have to make sure that the player that you use on your tablet supports muxed subs. Most don't.

Also, PGS subs (Bluray) will not work as a separate stream held within an MP4 container.

I would strongly suggest that you look for a tablet player app that will play the MKV container and provide the features that you need which will give you a lot more flexibility.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Firstly, you have to make sure that the player that you use on your tablet supports muxed subs. Most don't.

Also, PGS subs (Bluray) will not work as a separate stream held within an MP4 container.

I would strongly suggest that you look for a tablet player app that will play the MKV container and provide the features that you need which will give you a lot more flexibility.
              I use MX Player for Android on my ASUS TF300 Tablet
              https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...videoplayer.ad

It states it playes the following subtitles:
              - DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle tracks.
              - SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
              - SAMI(.smi) with ruby tag support.
              - SubRip(.srt)
              - MicroDVD(.sub/.txt)
              - SubViewer2.0(.sub)
              - MPL2(.mpl/.txt)
              - PowerDivX(.psb/.txt)
              - TMPlayer(.txt)

Comment

Well, that's not gonna do you much good as what Fab does is extract the standard authored subs which are SUB/IDX or PGS...

You may be just better encoding the file without any subs and just download the SRT format subs from opensubtitles.org

Comment

Well, that's not gonna do you much good as what Fab does is extract the standard authored subs which are SUB/IDX or PGS...

You may be just better encoding the file without any subs and just download the SRT format subs from opensubtitles.org
                  Then I must have done something odd/right, cause I found a way to not only have the subtitle (REMUX I believe) but be able to turn them on and off via my tablet...the best of both worlds!

Still working on perfecting the video quality to size ratio though.

Comment

Or maybe your tablet specs are not clear enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X