Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Versus Audio Selction - AC, AAC, MP3 ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Versus Audio Selction - AC, AAC, MP3 ....

I seem to have more issues when selecting audiocopy when decrypting (audio out of sync). When I select other types aac, mp3, wav, wma the problem goes. I seem to have settled for AAC as I still achieve 5.1 but what are the quality differences against one another and what is the loss when compared to original audiocopy.

The bottom line is which should I select when I cant audiocopy?

I use AAC always, I get better sounding output than MP3 and much smaller total file size than audiocopy. I choose 'downmix to stereo' since I mainly use these conversions for portable Apple devices, so 5.1 is not really a needed feature for me.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've been using the VidOn.Me app for iPad that supports AC3 audio. I downmix AC3 to stereo and no more A/V sync problems even with my arch nemesis "Midway" that has never ever synced with AAC. The app is available for free download here on the forum, there is one for Android too and I have to assume it will support AC3 as well?
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

AAC 5.1 can be a real issue when connected to an A/V amp as very few of them support AAC over an optical connection.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          AAC 5.1 can be a real issue when connected to an A/V amp as very few of them support AAC over an optical connection.
          Indeed, as far as I'm aware only one amplifier manufactured by Sony actually incorporated 'on-board' 5.1Ch AAC decoders. Not that any software or hardware media player is able to pass AAC audio as a 'actual' bit-stream anyway...

Thankfully many of todays media players are now able to transcoded 5.1Ch AAC to 5.1Ch PCM 'on-the-fly' and pass this via HDMI for decoding via an external amplifier
          I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
          I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Yeah, I don't have any problems as I don't use any of those iThingys and generally maintain the original AC3 & DTS audio tracks passed through.

What I do for the kids now is include an AAC stereo track in my encodes followed by the passthroughs and this seems to cover most bases with the iThingy crap.
            Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-25-2013, 08:48 PM.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Put the VidOn.Me app on the iPad and you don't need to add the AAC stream plays AC3 5.1 multichannel on the iPad, I admit I was gun shy after my STB, but this is a nice app!
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X