Two drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two drives

I have a dvd drive and a blu-ray drive. Can I have DVDFab rip movies from each drive at the same time? I tried it, but the second instance of DVDFab attempted to begin ripping the same drive as the first instance. How can I tell the second instance to use the other drive? I tried changing the Source but it returned an error that it couldn't open the drive.

Start the first instance ripping then start the second. Cancel when it starts scanning the first disc and then insert the disc in the second drive. Works for me but I would not recommend this, I think you are asking for trouble.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks -- I tried that. I started ripping a dvd, then put the blu-ray into the drive and started ripping it. DVDFat displayed all the files on the blu-ray disk but now it seems to be stuck trying to read the blu-ray disk (the big blue progress bar just keeps going, and going like the energizer bunny)

[edit]I just canceled that progress bar and now it seems to be ripping both at the same time ok.
      Last edited by AncientDragon; 07-26-2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Try this: open both instances of DVDFab with no discs in any drive. Go to Settings->Drives in each instance and tell DVDFab to ignore all drives except the one you want to use with that particular instance. May work better, but again not a recommended procedure.

Trying this produced odd results for me, but give it a try.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X