Quick Sync Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Quick Sync Advice

I am looking to upgrade my system to the new Haswell I7-4770K and was after somre advice on utilising Quick Sync. Is it a must to have Lucid? Many of the 1155 motherboards had this software bundled but all the 1150 boards I have looked at so far do not. I may have to purchase it separately if it is really necessary.

If you're planning on adding a discrete graphics card and you are a gamer it might be a good idea. If not you don't need a graphics card at all, I've unplugged mine and just use the HD 4000 chip so I don't need it.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I still want to use my graphics card so looks like I need the software.

Comment

The only thing you will gain over the 3770k is onboard gpu you can get a 1155 board and put a high end cpu + good gpu tht will out perform 4770k save u some cash too

Check out this bench mark
        Intel's upcoming performance desktop processor Core i7-4770K, based on its next-generation "Haswell" micro-architecture, got its first formal performance pre...

I love my z77 board with the 3770k

Btw the board must support QS idk if you can purchase software i belive 1150 boards dont offer lucid
        Last edited by Jonatan; 08-23-2013, 10:50 AM.
        ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

I Like MSI boards myself, take a look at this one, it comes with Virtu;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130693

Comment

Thanks Marty that looks perfect and is available here in Oz. It's funny that all the Gigabyte 1155 boards ship with Virtu but none of the 1150 boards have it. I have read that Windows 8 doesn't need it but I won't be touching that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
              The only thing you will gain over the 3770k is onboard gpu you can get a 1155 board and put a high end cpu + good gpu tht will out perform 4770k save u some cash too

Check out this bench mark
              Intel's upcoming performance desktop processor Core i7-4770K, based on its next-generation "Haswell" micro-architecture, got its first formal performance pre...

I love my z77 board with the 3770k

Btw the board must support QS idk if you can purchase software i belive 1150 boards dont offer lucid
              Thanks Jonatan for your thoughts. I was looking at the 1155 boards first up but I figure if you're going to update its silly to go with something that's already superseded. The price difference if fairly negligible here in Oz so I'll roll with the new platform

Comment

Yeah Garry... Good move..

The only thing Win 8 is good for is uninstalling.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Garry, here is a LINK that compares the CPU to other I7s might help you choose the best one.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ye gods, I have a carpet cleanng machine that does not move as much air as their overclock setup.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Did you notice they cold bugged one of the processors at below -110°C! Must be using liquid nitrogen.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Signals; Maybe you just found a new use for your carpet cleaner!

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
                          I Like MSI boards myself, take a look at this one, it comes with Virtu;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130693
                          I like that Marty! Today I was looking at ASUS P8Z77-V PRO/ThunderBolt (1155), but would only take 3rd/2nd gene CPU, had Virtu & Nvidia SLI! I'm just trying to get QS on my PC!

Have you seen where they remove the heat spreader on the Haswell & Ivy Bridge CPU and replace the thermal spread and get lower and more consistant temps on YouTube? Whats up with that?

Would the 4th gene CPU's be faster than 3rd gene? I don't care about the grafhics card, just want to use QS!

Been a while, but am I highjacking, sorry if I did!

Been looking for a while for new M/B and i7 CPU, now things have been updated to a new platform, guess I'll start over!
                          Last edited by 8855A; 08-24-2013, 05:56 AM. Reason: INFO

Comment

8855A; I wouldn't worry about the heat spreader, I've never had a problem and you probably wouldn't unless you start overclocking.

The 4th generation i7's are definitely faster, but, your paying a premium for it. It's up to you to decide if that premium is worth is the extra speed.

Take a look here;
                            http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/590..._i7-4770K.html

I'm not sure what you have now, earlier this year though I went from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge and I'm happy with the performance gain. I decided to skip Haswell and will upgrade to Broadwell when it becomes available.

Comment

Thanks Marty for that post! I also have the Sandy Bridge M/B and i5 2500k cpu!

Comment

Working...
                              X