Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other New to the whole game!

Hey everyone!
    I'm a newbie to this, I'm wanting to back up my blu-ray movies to a hard drive and decompress them to about 10gb mainly just movie only. I have a very large collection and I'm tired of having these movies take up so much space. I'm just concerned that I see these post about audio out of sync and among other things. I'm not one who is gonna know anything about finding fixes for that stuff. If I could have someone explain to me what program I'm going to need to get and comment about the problems people are having and do these problems happen all the time?
    Thanks,
    Bryan.

Welcome
    I'm a newbie to this, I'm wanting to back up my blu-ray movies to a hard drive and decompress them to about 10gb mainly just movie only.
    What format would you like

I'm just concerned that I see these post about audio out of sync and among other things. I'm not one who is gonna know anything about finding fixes for that stuff.
    Thats why we have this forum and dvdfab dev support
    Iv been copying movie for 4years about 700 movies 100 TV shows rarely have a problem

if I could have someone explain to me what program I'm going to need
    Need to know what format

and comment about the problems people are having and do these problems happen all the time
    You.only see the ones who have problemsnoy the ones who use it without much problem
    I have been copying bds since February view my threads you will see how many issues iv had ehen i firs started i had some issues but now it runs smooth

For bd copy you can take a 25 + gb movie and compress it under 25 gb

Bd ripper you can take a bd and compress it small as you want
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

If you use Blu-ray Copy module, there are rarely sync issues. Hard drives are cheap, I copy all mine using Main Movie mode with no compression 16-25 GB or so depending on the movie.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hey Jonathon, Thanks for being quick to help. I just want a good format that there isnt going to be any video loss, Like i said i'm extremely new to this and i'm getting ready to build a nice system. So if you have any suggestions on processors, motherboards, ram, What name Blu-ray drive to get..I'm very open to suggestions since you guys have been doing this for awhile and are satisfied with your out come..If it makes any difference i will be playing it on a Panasonic Viera Plasma.

Signals thanks for the reply if you have any suggestions for me, bring them on sir..I want the best.
        Thanks,
        Bryan

Comment

Your choices are to use BD Copy or BD Ripper. Either one will work well, the Copy module is less likely to have any sync issues, since the video and audio streams are not decoded and then re-encoded as is the case with Ripper.

The advantages of Ripper are that the output will be a single file and will be smaller than the original disc size in most cases. In a few cases, the output can have sync issues but contrary to what you read here, it is not that common.

I monitor newegg.com for sale prices on 1 TB hard drives and purchase them when the deals are good ($70-80). I plug one into my PC using an inexpensive adapter, fill it up, then plug it into my media player if I want to watch it on the big screen. That way I always have the exact video that was on the original disc.

There are other approaches that can give you the no loss in video quality, but I have found that this works well for me. I now have 4 TB of Blu-rays on the drives and have started filling up the 5th one.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm going to build a system from scratch probably put 2 2tb drives in it, I want this system either hooked straight into my Xbox one when it comes out or straight to my TV. what type of system would you suggest me building. the only use for this system would be to back up and play movies (all blu-ray). I have been reading about HTPC but they are all small and compact, I would like all my backing up to go pretty smooth (which i know isnt always gonna be the case).

Comment

Advice from an Old Stager... Forget the Xbox as both Microsoft and Sony place too many restriction on their games machines for them to be reliable media players.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So what would you recommend Greg?

Comment

Either the HTPC or the guys on this forum from the USA report that the PIVOS AIOS is a good buy.

Maybe your TV also has USB/Player software inbuilt that may be worth trying!
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Do some research on media players some do 3d and some don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X