Need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Need a little help

Not sure how to go about upgrading to DVDfab9. I have a lifetime key for fab8
    And done the trial of fab9 and though it was nice. Do I need to buy a new licence to use 9. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

It's free to move over to ver 9. Download the key here.

Comment

Need a little help

Thanks so much foe the quick reply Gummigutta the link done the trick
      Again many Thanks

Comment

6.x?

same question.
        I downloaded the key on this page. After running it I was told "thank you! The registration was successful" and version 8.X automatically started. I closed it and manually started version 9.x which promptly asked me to register or buy.
        Did I miss something?
        Thanks in advance.
        Danneauxs

Comment

You need to put in your email address and password that you used to logon to the members centre.

V9 checks using the Internet, not the key.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i should learn to read

Thank you Gregiboy!!!!

It was one of those perception things. I noticed it was asking for my email but "expected" the second part to be for a key. I even read "password" but my brain was expecting it to ask for a key so it didn't register.

Thanks again

Comment

How do I get a copy of my key?

How do I get a copy of my key?

I have a Lifetime license, and am using the current version. My copy of Big would not rip, and I remembered downloading and configuring version 8, to get around a problem like this before.

Using the old version worked. I seem to run into this problem from time to time, and would like to keep it along with the current version to resolve this problem when I run into it again. Ver. 9 uses the internet and my E-mail address to validate, and I have long since lost the E-mail with the key. I never worried about it until I needed to validate the 8QT version I just re-downloaded.

Is there an easy way to validate 8Qt?

Comment

Not without your key file, which may still be on your hard drive somewhere. Use search in windows explorer to look for it, the file suffix is .dvdfab6. You can contact the office in Beijing when they reopen next week and they can update your email address. Use this link: http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm I will remind you that older versions are not officially supported.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks,
                  I'll try that. My E-mail address is correct, and has not changed. Is there any way I can recover the key?

The original E-mail, I'm sure is gone. I've been through 2 previous computers, and the file is not on the server. I printed it out, but cannot find the paper. It's not filed in the proper place.
                  I appreciate fast the answer,
                  Thanks,
                  SJM
                  Last edited by cbleman; 08-22-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

You can easily do that if you still have access to your registered email address. Just follow these steps:
                    • Log in to the Member Center on the DVDFab website http://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm?dlang=en
                    • If you do not have an account set up there, you will need to make one using the Create Account link near the sign in
                    • When you license page opens, scroll to the bottom and click the Download Key button, that will send a new key to your registered email address
                    The emails generally arrive in just a few minutes.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X