Amazon Manufactured On Demand DVD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Amazon Manufactured On Demand DVD's

This isn't a DVDFab problem as far as I know.

I purchased When Things Were Rotten as an Amazon MOD.

The problem is, and this is a known issue, my computer doesn't even recognize a disk being in the drive.

Anything out there to fix this? I would love to get these on my computer.

Originally posted by Ar-Pharazon View Post
    This isn't a DVDFab problem as far as I know.

I purchased When Things Were Rotten as an Amazon MOD.

The problem is, and this is a known issue, my computer doesn't even recognize a disk being in the drive.

Anything out there to fix this? I would love to get these on my computer.
    Hi

I'm not sure but you may be referring to a known issue with some DVD's that won't play on some PC's DVD Drives due to the type of encryption that is used on the studio DVD.

MOD's in particular have this issue and require a decryptor such as DVDFab's "Passkey" to play on one's PC DVD Drive's.

In some cases, the studio will include a disclaimer on the back of their DVD package.

Here's one such example of the disclaimer:

"This disc is expected to play back in "DVD play-only" devices, and may not play back in other DVD devices, including Recorders and PC Drives."

As a DVD collector, I have several MOD discs in my collection and there are a few that require launching Passkey to play on my PC's. I have 2 different brands of DVD Drives's in my Desktop PC Tower and both require Passkey decryption to play on either Drive.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, I'm pretty sure that was the disclaimer, I have the set loaned out right now.

I'll have to get Passkey when I get the set back & see if that works. Is there a trial version of that one so I can make sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Ar-Pharazon View Post
        Yes, I'm pretty sure that was the disclaimer, I have the set loaned out right now.

I'll have to get Passkey when I get the set back & see if that works. Is there a trial version of that one so I can make sure?
        It's been a while since I've looked into Passkey since I've had it installed for a couple of years but there are 2 versions:

The free version is "Passkey Lite". It's a limited version. Link to DVDFab's site for this version is

The paid version link is

From reading the info fast, the main reason between the free version and the paid version is that the paid version will decrypt to your Hard Drive and other backup options while the free version is primarily used to decrypt to allow the user to view dvd's on their player[s].

I'm not certain but I think you can download the full version for a trial period. I see a 'download' button and a 'buy now' button which usually indicates that you can download for a limited time to try it out on your system.

Comment

Many of the MOD discs have this or a similar disclaimer. I have never bought an Amazon disc but I have many of these titles from Warner Archive and other studios and they all play and backup great on every drive and player that I have.

Note that the Lite version of Passkey does not remove all protections from DVDs or BDs. It is explained in detail on the DVDFab website, here: The paid version does have a 30-day trial.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have a few Warner Archive dvd's too. Most of them play ok on my 2 PC Drives but I have a couple that won't play unless Passkey decrypts them before playback.

I've also run across a couple, although rare. pressed studio dvd's that require Passkey decryption before playing on my PC Drives but they all play ok in my home DVD player.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
              It's been a while since I've looked into Passkey since I've had it installed for a couple of years but there are 2 versions:

The free version is "Passkey Lite". It's a limited version. Link to DVDFab's site for this version is

The paid version link is

From reading the info fast, the main reason between the free version and the paid version is that the paid version will decrypt to your Hard Drive and other backup options while the free version is primarily used to decrypt to allow the user to view dvd's on their player[s].

I'm not certain but I think you can download the full version for a trial period. I see a 'download' button and a 'buy now' button which usually indicates that you can download for a limited time to try it out on your system.
              I finally got back around to this. FYI, both of the links you have lead to the same download, DVDFabPasskey8104.exe.

I installed, and still no luck. It seems to work the same as AnyDVD, which I've been using for a few years. It can rip to hard disk, rip to image, looks like it has many of the same settings.

The main difference would be that Passkey can work with DVDFab, if it's going to work at all.

It's still not seeing these DVD's. Probably one of the untouchable encryption formats they mention, I just hope they crack it one of these days.

Comment

Working...
              X