Lifetime passkey question/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey Lifetime passkey question/help

Don't know if I am posting this in right section and apologize if I am not. I purchased DVDFab 6 in March of 2010 and purchased the lifetime passkey. I can not get it to work with version 9. It still works fine with versions 8 and below. My question/problem is this. Is version 9 not supported? I have tried uninstalling all versions and then running the key and selecting version 9 to open it and it still doesn't work. I have created an account but there is no information of my purchase on it. I still have my original sales email and the order number was U913475301. Am I basically out of luck or is there anything that can be done?

use this form for live online help or email help.http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm

Comment

You are unlikely to receive a refund on a purchase more than 3 years old! You should not need to use Passkey and DVDFab at the same time, DVDFab does not need an external decrypter. They will coexist on the same computer however, v8 or v9.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        You are unlikely to receive a refund on a purchase more than 3 years old! You should not need to use Passkey and DVDFab at the same time, DVDFab does not need an external decrypter. They will coexist on the same computer however, v8 or v9.
        I'm curious about this since I have both DVDFab (8.2.2.8) and Passkey (paid version).

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and I'm located in Region 1 DVD location.

When I want to watch some of my region-locked DVD's I launch Passkey to decrypt them to be able to view on my PC Drives.

If I have DVDFab open and Passkey closed, DVDFab will analyze the DVD but when I try to play the DVD using Windows Media Player, it appears to conflict with WMP.

I've seen the "conflict" symptom previously over the years, when DVDFab is running and I launch WMP to view the DVD. It will occasionally pixtel the DVD and won't play.

When I close DVDFab and launch Passkey, all's well. The same DVD's play back with WMP on both of my PC Drive's.

Is there an internal player engine within DVDFab? Is that why one only needs DVDFab and not Passkey to decrypt DVD's for playback?

One fyi note abut this:

With DVDFab running, I am able to view my DVD's with "VLC" Player which as most probably are aware is a more diverse media app than WMP.

I've been using Passkey for a few years with great results. It even decrypts the studio MOD (Make On Demand DVD-R studio) dvd's for playback.

Comment

DVDFab is designed not to make a commercial disc playable in WMP but to produce a copy of the disc that is playable in any player and keeps your original from becoming unplayable due to mishandling, scratches etc. The copy it makes can be put on a blank disc or stored on your hard drive (it can do many other things as well). It does have a built-in player in the Preview function, but it is not really designed to be your only player.

Passkey is an 'on-the-fly decrypter' that is designed to make any disc in your drive playable on any player or copyable with any other software, but DVDFab does not need it to be running, since it handles the decryption internally. Passkey makes the original disc appear to be all-region and unencrypted to your operating system and any software running on the OS. It does a few additional tricks as well.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

^ for the explanations.

Comment

You are welcome, it can be a little confusing at first.

Comment

Working...
              X