DVD from a TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD from a TV

Hi,I have a samsung DVD recorder player with HDD connected to my TV.
    The other day I copied a film that I recorded from the TV to the samsung HDD then copied it to a dvd disc using the same recorder,Now I thought that I would make a backup of it onto mu PC using DVDFab.
    DVDFab don't recognise the format of the disc that was copied using the samsung recorder.The DVD plays in the DVD player okay.
    Has anyone ever come accross this before that can give me some help here please ??

Many Thanks.
    Trying to convince people with ideas and words is more effective than trying to force people to do what you want.

Originally posted by boatman View Post
    Hi,I have a samsung DVD recorder player with HDD connected to my TV.
    The other day I copied a film that I recorded from the TV to the samsung HDD then copied it to a dvd disc using the same recorder,Now I thought that I would make a backup of it onto mu PC using DVDFab.
    DVDFab don't recognise the format of the disc that was copied using the samsung recorder.The DVD plays in the DVD player okay.
    Has anyone ever come accross this before that can give me some help here please ??

Many Thanks.
    did you finalize the dvd in the recorder??

Comment

It could be a non-standard DVD structure that Fab doesn't understand. Might try clone and make a bit for bit copy on a like size blank.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

90312.Thanks for the reply,Would it be possible for you to elaborate on the clone part.

october262.Yes I did finalize the dvd in the dvd recorder ''Samsung''

Thanks both.
        Trying to convince people with ideas and words is more effective than trying to force people to do what you want.

Comment

In the dvd copy module just select the clone/burn tab:
          Attached Files
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Please put the disc you made into your PC's drive and open it using windows, see if it at least has the correct DVD-Video structure, i.e. a VIDEO_TS folder and within it IFO, BUP and VOB files.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi again Tried the clone method but disc was not recognised.

signals regarding your question results are here.

Hope one can help.But if we fail that's not a major problem.It would be nice if it would work.
              Many thanks.
              David.

Comment

If the files that you listed are in the root directory of the DVD, that will be an issue. But, if they are within the VIDEO_TS directory, then it is a mystery.

You don't need DVDFab to copy a DVD that is not encrypted. If the listed files are within the VIDEO_TS directory, then just use ImgBurn to do a copy of the disc.

Comment

Mr Video.
                  Thanks for that info I will give it a try later on today.
                  Will come back to you with the results.
                  Many thanks.

Comment

Mr Video.
                    Well I'm back I had some spare time so I though lets have a crack at it.
                    Went okay the only thing was to change the settings a bit in the ImgBurn,It went okay got a copy of the original and plays back on my DVD player connected to the TV.

Much Many Thanks for that.
                    Diolch yn fawr from wales.

Comment

We have improved the compatibility, please try to use 9126.

Comment

Working...
                      X