X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 9.070 will not run

Attached is a screen shot I got when I verified the dvdfab.exe file
    the MD5 does not match

Has anyone had any problems with 9.070 ??
    The program installs without a hitch
    but then I try to start the program
    and nothing happens
    the hard drive light shows activity but then quits
    and 9.070 never starts... no splash screen, no trying to connect with the fab servers, nothing.
    I've downloaded the file twice (the first download was corrupt again)
    the second one installed with no problems except it will not run
    I do not get any error messages of any kind
    I'm downloading it again as of this message will try it again
    I have even rebooted the computer thinking that is what it needed due to a newer version but that did not help
    can anyone help or have a suggestion
    I've unistalled 9.070
    ran ccleaner on the registry
    and have reinstalled 9.070
    now it asking me to restart the computer
    this happened with me on the last update
    it wouldn't run until I uninstalled, ran ccleaner, reinstalled 9.063 and rebooted
    I hope this works for this update also
    will get back on this after reboot
    Nope I just rebooted and the program will not load into memory (will not run,startup,nothing)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by egghead; 10-05-2013, 01:30 AM. Reason: needed more information added

Once you take Fab off the computer and run cc cleaner Fab will ask you to reboot the computer then go into Fab settings and make sure your settings are correct some setting may have to be reset this happened to me and may be normal.

Comment

ya that happened the last update version

have you had a run problem with 9.070

I just attached a md5 screen shot
      and the md5 file numbers do not match to what dvdfab forum has listed

Newly added

the install file md5 number matches
      what is the dvdfab.exe md5 number suppose to be ??
      Attached Files
      Last edited by egghead; 10-05-2013, 01:42 AM.

Comment

dvdfab.exe is an internal file. It may vary slightly depending on settings and other factors. On my system the MD5 is 9ea98b2b6f2316c186f853ab0e2250ad

The MD5 of the installer file is more important since it would reflect errors in the many other files that make up DVDFab. I have had no run problems with v9.0.7.0 but have only used it once so far.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

tried to download 9070 after about 98% it says this files are corrupt please download new version...... I'll wait till this problem you people are having already, to be sorted out.

Comment

Both of the MD5 numbers match to what you have and what was posted for the install file
            I have deleted(uninstalled) the program again, this time I eliminated the SDK_media_stats.log file and I'm downloading a newer copy of install file.

Comment

Just reinstalled the program and it still will not run
              I have never had any problems with any of the versions since 3.0
              There has been no changes to my computer, no new software added, nothing
              I have 3 different versions installed on my computer and all ways have
              version 8.085 works version 8.229 works version 9.063 works but not 9.070

Comment

I've had an install or two do that and I find the icon in the TSR window, click on it and things return to normal. Can't say that's your issue but check it:
                Attached Files
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

what is a TSR window
                  when I install a program I never have a desktop icon created
                  I either create my own shortcut directly to the program
                  or I go through start/programs/dvdfab9/dvdfab9 icon
                  the program will not start either way
                  nor will it start going directly to the program files/dvdfab9/dvdfab.exe

Comment

It's the pop up window in the lower right of the desk top where the terminate and stay resident program icons are shown. If for some reason the program is starting minimized the icon may be there.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

the program never loads, no splash screen...where it tries to connect with the server for verification, nothing, so there is no icon
                      I've given up. I have downloaded 5 install files(4 have installed with no errors, except the first one that was corrupt) but not a one of them will start,load or run... and there has never been any error messages, and I have rebooted every time whether it asked me to or not. I'm just going to wait for the next update version or try the next beta.

Comment

Version 9.070 will not run

Don't mean to hijack but, I have had this problem since version 9.0.6.5 - 9.0.7.0 left Potti a message about this but have had no results, 9.0.7.0 will not start for me either.

Regards,

Comment

Thank you for your response
                          wasn't sure if it was just me
                          if potti ever gets back to you on this
                          can you post me a quick reply to my last thread
                          thanks again

Comment

The office has been closed for the National Day holiday in China. It will be open in a few hours. They will first have to try to duplicate the problem before they can correct it. If you have not posted your operating system version, please add it to the thread.

No issues here on Win7 64.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Win XP 32bit

Comment

Working...
                              X