Magic jack won't work when Fab is running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Magic jack won't work when Fab is running

Magic jack won't run correctly when fab is running.Magic jack shows up as a drive in Fab settings and windows lists it as a drive.it doesn't matter if you check the tick box in Fab settings or not when you use magic jack while fab is running (it doesn't have to have a movie loaded in it) you get dial tone and call seems to connect but theirs no audio.

I set my device in magic jack settings as telephone and use hdmi settings for windows vista audio.If Fab is not running magic jack runs fine.Version 9 & version 8 doe's this.Magic jack doesn't appear as a separate drive in version 8 it just lists drive letters.Also their will be no voice to incoming calls when Fab is running and calls won't go to voice mail because the call goes through but theirs no audio.Once Fab is not running everything returns to normal and works fine.Seems hdmi audio is being held hostage while Fab software is running.
    Last edited by glenns; 10-16-2013, 04:53 PM.

Un checking this box with magic jack causes magic to work again so if you run into this problem like i did with the box unchecked then check it then un check it and hit apply this is what I did to get it working again.

For version 8 Fab lists the drive letter only so you have to look what letter windows has magic jack as and un check it in Fab settings.

In version 8085 this can't be done as their are no check boxes for drives to un check and this is very important as you won't be able to receive incoming calls if Fab is open even without a movie loaded as the call goes through but theirs no sound when using hdmi audio anyway.This also means you can't make outgoing calls the call connects but no audio when using hdmi audio anyway with magic jack so unless Fab comes up with something for this version of Fab don't use it with magic jack if the audio used for magic jack is hdmi you will have to to test it if you don't have it hooked up to hdmi settings.So no 911 calls so be where.This apply's only when Fab is opened with or without movie loaded.This apply's when it's used with a computer.
    Last edited by glenns; 07-14-2014, 09:18 AM.

Comment

This is a long-known issue due to the drive shortcut the Jack uses for I/O.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X