No announcement yet.

ELEVEN MINUTES to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you using bit defender for security program?
    Try changing decoder from internal to direct show in settings see screen shot #173
    Also is blu ray settings make sure blu ray file reading mode is set to internal udf 2.50 parser + i/o see screen shot #171
    Last edited by glenns; 07-14-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I suspect that it is something on your PC, no one else has reported anything like this. Use Resource Monitor in Windows to watch the CPU usage as DVDFab starts up. See what Processes and Services may be hogging CPU cycles. Some antivirus/security apps can do this. You could try disabling all security stuff briefly to see if the startup time normalizes.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just tested mine on a dual core 3.4 g processor (intel motherboard D945PLRN and intel D945 processor) and it loaded less than 20 seconds.

Using the latest release.

Comment

Been gone most of the day and just got back a short while ago.

After reading the recent responses, you might want to try this....

Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 - This is an ISO Disk image, you can either use it to make a Bootable CD or Flash drive.

This page has the instructions for using it.
          Including a utility for making a bootable Flash drive.

The only thing I would do differently from the instructions is at the very end where it tells you to start a scan, first thing I would do is go into the settings and set the heuristics to Advanced, then I would start the scan.

I have used this tool before and it is very effective. It even detects and removes rootkits.

Once you're done, if it does by any chance find any rootkits, after removal of any parasites you might want to reboot the system and run another scan with this tool just to be sure it's not a polymorphic rootkit. Then I would run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free to clean up anything else. (The Pro version is well worth the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
            Are you using bit defender for security program?
            Try changing decoder from internal to direct show in settings see screen shot #173
            Also is blu ray settings make sure blu ray file reading mode is set to internal udf 2.50 parser + i/o see screen shot #171
            Thanks glenns. I tried those, and no difference.

Comment

DaveSkynet:What security program are you using? Make sure Fab has internet access and it's not being blocked by your security program then do as Signals recommended ( Use Resource Monitor in Windows to watch the CPU usage as DVDFab starts up. See what Processes and Services may be hogging CPU cycles. ) it's a good trouble shooting step.

Comment

Solved it!!

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
                Been gone most of the day and just got back a short while ago.

After reading the recent responses, you might want to try this....

Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 - This is an ISO Disk image, you can either use it to make a Bootable CD or Flash drive.

This page has the instructions for using it.
                Including a utility for making a bootable Flash drive.

The only thing I would do differently from the instructions is at the very end where it tells you to start a scan, first thing I would do is go into the settings and set the heuristics to Advanced, then I would start the scan.

I have used this tool before and it is very effective. It even detects and removes rootkits.

Once you're done, if it does by any chance find any rootkits, after removal of any parasites you might want to reboot the system and run another scan with this tool just to be sure it's not a polymorphic rootkit. Then I would run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free to clean up anything else. (The Pro version is well worth the purchase.
                Thank you for your help everybody!
                Fab load time now <15 seconds.
                I’ll make this a short drumroll...........
                It was THE BD DRIVE!! (Pioneer BD-203 -latest firmware)

Short story:
                I do not see a correlation here. How can a BD drive effect this program with logging on and starting? The answer may lay with better minds than me around here. This to me is like bringing the car in because the engine is running rough, and the mechanic tells you it is a LOOSE DOOR HINGE, that he replaced, and now it runs fine. This sucker has been a problem right after the 90 day warranty was over. LOL To open the door, you have to press the button about 10-20 times, and it will FINALLY open. Now, and then, it sounded like it was making a chattering noise. It Read/writes o.k. though.

The long story:
                After reading this post, I really went after the computer. I built this one about 6 years ago, based around an Asus P6T Deluxe Ver. II mobo w Intel quad core @ 2.8 GHZ. The main use is recording HD T.V. shows through 4 Cat’s eye 3560 HDTV interfaces. Anyway, when I did the Kaspersky scan, it took over 18 hours. But I had over 25 TB of drives hooked up. I had kept saving my Email baks, and I noticed it takes about 1/2 second per email, which is all day in this day and age. I had over 26,000, and when you do the math, that’s 3.6 hours right there. I have them all off there now. Also, I had a folder, backed up more than once, labeled, “Stuff from older computer.” In it were .exe setup files, even whole, installed programs, which was probably stupid to leave on there. I thought I might go back to it one day, so I kept them. NOW, I’m putting all that stuff on removable media.
                The Kaspersky scan did find some stuff, but when it finds something, it shows you on a little box, in the lower right, and if it finds something else, it replaces it there. IOW, I really don’t know WHAT it found, but it was more than one item.

So, I bought this little LG monster for under $60. Even cheaper on Newegg.

Anyway, thank you ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
                I guess I was in a bit of denial almost.
                EDITED TO ADD: I also verified this, by putting the Pioneer back in, and sure enough, it went back up to 11 minutes again. EYE ROLL!
                Last edited by DaveSkynet; 12-15-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X