This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks "Glenns" for your response

The 20% offer finishes here tomorrow 24 Nov 2013 (I am at GMT + 10hrs) .. in 24 hours time. (It is 23:41 hrs AEDT, way past my bedtime)

I did read the paid Passkey page. Amazon MODs are new to me I was completely in the dark. The time difference here in Australia quite often creates delays in receiving answers on many forums, depending on where the strength of the forum is located.

We have settled on the DVD-Copy/DVD-Ripper lifetime bundle.
    If we do need Passkey we will get the subscription version later on.

Thank you for your very prompt and succinct summary of my bits-and-pieces questions ... very much appreciated
    SPECS:
    DVD-Copy ... lifetime
    DVD-Ripper ... lifetime
    Win7 Home Premium 64bit
    SSD for C:\
    HDD (internal) for D:\
    Lite-On CD/DVD RW: iHAS324-07 WU

Comment

You might save more by purchasing the DVD Copy+Ripper bundle, check the website. There are many purchasing options. You have made the correct choice, lifetime is by far the best value.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by grayghost2 View Post
        Would DVD Fab do the same for CDs ?
        As Signals said, DVDFab does not work on CDs. I've used a free open source program called CDex 1.51 for years and it works great. I highly recommend it.

Originally posted by grayghost2 View Post
        The 20% offer finishes here tomorrow 24 Nov 2013 (I am at GMT + 10hrs) .. in 24 hours time. (It is 23:41 hrs AEDT, way past my bedtime)
        I have been a Fab customer for a year now and that coupon seems to be automatically renewed with a different code every week. At least it has done so since I have been coming here. I bought DVD Copy last December and DVD Creator last week, and used the coupon that was currently available at the time for both purchases. In fact, I have come to believe that all that is just a sales gimmick anyway, since the prices have not changed at all. All the bundles, sale prices, and coupons (except the codes for them) are still essentially the same after a year. If they have changed, I haven't noticed.

Comment

I forgot to mention that if you want to work offline, you should try version 8.2.2.9. That's the version I use primarily, and only use a later version when I have to.

Comment

Thanks "Axel Slingerland" for your response,

In my business I have 6 (AutoCad) towers + 2 laptops. Only the two laptops are web connected.
            Since Win-95 and through the years, any laptop/rig with web connections inherited creeping instability.
            So in about 2005 I decided to assign dedicated laptops for web connections. And all AutoCad rigs quarantined from the web.
            As a result the only PCs that become unstable are the web connected laptops.

One PC/rig is eleven years old (WinXP) and never a problem.
            AV and anti-malware is the domain of the laptops.
            All downloads are tested on a laptop in conjunction with restore-points.

Play-PC for DVD-Fab is for my wife. Her approach to PC health was cavalier to say the least until her hard-drive crashed and she lost everything. In spite of my nagging about back-backup-backup. She thought being off-line she was "safe".

Now she has "got it., including AV.
            -----
            v8.2.2.9
            How do you run v8.2.2.9 in parallel with v9 ?
            I am very concerned about wife's DVD-Fab PC with internet connection for DVD-Fab will loose stability over time, and they do .. I am the mug who spends days repairing and mostly clean installing + all the reloading of her apps etc. I graciously do it for her (and our daughter's laptop too).

Wife's play-PC is to be inoculated with Bitdefender and free Malwarebytes on standby. VirusTotal checker is pure gold, too.

I have better things to do with my time than to throw money at IT-techs to fix problems that can be avoided or atleast minimised.

Your candidness and help is very much appreciated
            SPECS:
            DVD-Copy ... lifetime
            DVD-Ripper ... lifetime
            Win7 Home Premium 64bit
            SSD for C:\
            HDD (internal) for D:\
            Lite-On CD/DVD RW: iHAS324-07 WU

Comment

V9 & V8 install in different directories so no problem, just install.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
              X