X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Drive Use a virtual drive for DVD-Copy/Ripper bundle

My first operational question
    Having just purchased Copy/Ripper bundle

Can I use DVD Copy and DVD Ripper in a virtual environment. ?
    (Prefix field in "Post New Thread" window looks promising

I have never used (nor do I "have") VMWare Player or Virtual Box.
    I have read VirtualBox on Wikipedia and have googled VMWare Player.
    Have just found http://download.dvdfab.com/download/...lDrive1500.exe ... but no info page.

My ignorance is a challenge, even for me.

If a virtual environment is possible how would I use it for DVD-Copy + DVD-Ripper. Any tutorials would be appreciated.
    Would I still have to "install" a virtual OS in the virtual partition to use DVDFab products?

Any preferences for a virtual drive ? ... shareware would be ...
    What about DVDFab Virtual Drive ?
    Am I stretching the friendship here ? Or should I be on a more appropriate forum?
    Way in over my head at the moment.

Would appreciate any guidance, thank you
    SPECS:
    DVD-Copy ... lifetime
    DVD-Ripper ... lifetime
    Win7 Home Premium 64bit
    SSD for C:\
    HDD (internal) for D:\
    Lite-On CD/DVD RW: iHAS324-07 WU

grayghost2

DVDFab Copy and Ripper require unfettered access to your PC resources to work properly. In some cases they may work in a virtual environment and many Mac users used this trick before there was a Mac version of DVDFab. It is not recommended however and while some functions may work correctly, others may not.

DVDFab Virtual Drive (free) can be used to mount disc images for processing or playback with software that can't use an ISO file as a source (not needed for DVDFab or DVDFab Media Player).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals
      I am still learning.

We have not installed our paid Ripper and Copy yet. DVDFab rig is not internet connected yet, We are waiting for cabler to come to install some LAN points in the house. WiFi is very patchy due to interference.

Some newer MPEG files (not DVDFab converted) do not always play audio. Hoping DVDFab Copy and Ripper will resolve that problem when I process our DVD again.
      Last edited by grayghost2; 12-20-2013, 06:07 AM. Reason: corrections
      SPECS:
      DVD-Copy ... lifetime
      DVD-Ripper ... lifetime
      Win7 Home Premium 64bit

Comment

I hope so as well. You can check almost any video file with the (free) MediaInfo program to see what parameters were used to create it and insure that it meets the requirements of your playback hardware/software. Here is a link to the website http://mediaarea.net/, you can also find it on videohelp.com or sourceforge.net
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have spent about 2 hours investigating MediaInfo program.

The included adware (OpenCandy) put me off to start with, but the MediaInfo developer is very open/honest about his financial survival.
          After all MediaInfo is freeware.

11,000 downloads a week is a good sign.
          MediaInfo users list is also very impressive include BBC Broadcasting, Danish Broadcasting Corp.

Just be vigilant when installing MediaInfo to disable any "extra-offerings"

I have also downloaded MediaTab which provides easy access to MediaInfo in Windows Explorer (I assume context menu). I have yet to test MediaTab.
          Last edited by grayghost2; 12-21-2013, 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling errors
          SPECS:
          DVD-Copy ... lifetime
          DVD-Ripper ... lifetime
          Win7 Home Premium 64bit

Comment

Working...
          X