Need help getting started with software & Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Need help getting started with software & Hardware

I was referred to this forum by a friend and I've since joined and been doing some reading.

I have a nice action Blu-Ray collection and interested in backing them up.

If I've read correctly, I need to purchase the DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy from here.

I also need to purchase an external Blu-Ray Burner and Media.

I have a 2 year old Sony Vaio Laptop that I assume I can connect the burner to thru USB to get the job done.

What is the best and easiest Blu-Ray burner to buy?

What is the best compatible media to buy with it?

Any feedback and advice would be appreciated! I look forward to getting started.

Thanks,
    Kathy

There's no one on here that could help me?

Comment

Many of us don't make backups to blank discs anymore, the trend is to write the backups to a hard drive and play them with a media player connected to a TV via HDMI or on a PC.

If your Sony does not have a Blu-ray drive, yes, you will need to purchase an external one. Check the specs for the rated read and write speed before purchasing. Asus, LG and probably others have newer USB 3.0 12X-14X drives that have gotten good reviews. If your Sony does not have USB 3.0, you will have to choose an older and slower model. For best results, the PC you use for this should have an i7 intel CPU and nvidia graphics. Others will work but the processing time will be longer.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Many of us don't make backups to blank discs anymore, the trend is to write the backups to a hard drive and play them with a media player connected to a TV via HDMI or on a PC.

If your Sony does not have a Blu-ray drive, yes, you will need to purchase an external one. Check the specs for the rated read and write speed before purchasing. Asus, LG and probably others have newer USB 3.0 12X-14X drives that have gotten good reviews. If your Sony does not have USB 3.0, you will have to choose an older and slower model. For best results, the PC you use for this should have an i7 intel CPU and nvidia graphics. Others will work but the processing time will be longer.
        Thank you for replying. I sent you a Private Message with a couple more questions.

Comment

Kathy, just a little advice.

You shouldn't do that!

1. It is bad forum etiquette.
          2. Other users do not see the information which is one of the main objectives of this forum.
          3 Most of us will not provide support via PM and just ignore any such request.

You may catch Signals on a good day (or a bad one so your reply, if you get one) will depend on that.

Originally posted by kathysvideos13 View Post
          Thank you for replying. I sent you a Private Message with a couple more questions.
          Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-25-2013, 10:08 PM.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Kathy, just a little advice.

You shouldn't do that!

1. It is bad forum etiquette.
            2. Other users do not see the information which is one of the main objectives of this forum.
            3 Most of us will not provide support via PM and just ignore any such request.

You may catch Signals on a good day (or a bad one so your reply, if you get one) will depend on that.
            I mainly thanked him in the PM for answering me, told him I was ready to purchase the software ASAP, and sent him a link off of Amazon of the BR Burner I was interested in.

I meant no ill will to him or anyone on here.
            I'm just frustrated because I feel stuck.
            I have the funds to buy the software, the burner, and the media, and want to make sure I don't get the wrong things.

Comment

Thanks for the answer Kathy.

Just a piece of advice and I think all the old hands here will agree with me!

You would be better served by investigating a Media Player than burning disks. It cuts out one area of potential problems and is outstandingly convenient.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Totally agree with greg
                I would go this route

...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

And their are 3d media players also if you have a 3d tv.Of cause you tv must take hdmi for this to work and get the best results.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                    And their are 3d media players also if you have a 3d tv.Of cause you tv must take hdmi for this to work and get the best results.
                    I do have a 1 year old 46" Samsung LED 3D TV.
                    My directv is connected via HDMI as is my Samsung Blu-Ray Player.

Comment

Here is the 3d media player I have their are many 3d models now on the market this one can play full 3d from iso's or folders most only play from iso's.This player will play any format or audio you throw at it but their are even newer and better ones on the market so you got to do research by using the internet and user reviews.This one is on sale now so check it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X