Is There a Profile Editor/Creator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is There a Profile Editor/Creator

I'm using ver9.1.0.8. I want to create an MP4 profile for Converter. I would use a profile in Ripper but it is not available in Converter. I have been unable to create and name a profile. All I can do is "Save As Default". I have not found anything here that seems to help me. What am I missing? Is there a way to create a profile the hard way with a text editor? Can I move a profile from Ripper to Converter? Is there someplace here I can go to find the information I need.
    Thank You
    Mark

Which one is in Ripper but not in Converter?

A profile Editor formerly installed with DVDFab, I still have the icon on my desktop. Here is the webpage that describes it:
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In ripper I use "Format/MP4". In converter there is also a "Format/MP4". But they are different. In ripper the "Copy Video" and "Copy Audio" checkboxes are available letting me use "Passthrough". In converter the "Copy Video" is not available. I do not see "Passthrough" as an option in "Encoding Method".
      The reason I'm trying to do this is because MKV files won't pass over a DLNA network to my TV. MP4s will, so I want to convert my MKVs to MP4s. Buying the converter option for DVDFab would make my life easier. But only if I can change containers to MP4 without re-encoding the video but changing audio as necessary. Is converter able to do video passthrough?
      I looked at the editor manual page from your link but I did not see a reference to the exe. Is it available? Or do I have it and just not see it?
      Thank You
      Mark

Comment

Be very, very careful with the MP4 container as there are many constraints in the specifications on what actually can be contained within it, eg: AFAIK, DTS audio cannot be contained in the MP4 container, PGS Subs and only certain profile levels of the video.

Fab may be enforcing some of these rule depending on the source. Just a thought!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

When converting to MP4s I plan to leave the video as H.264 and leave or change the audio to AC3/5.1. Since my TV does not like subtitles I encode them on the video if needed.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X