This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab SysSoftwareCompatibles, 3rdPartyPlugIns, SpyWareMalware ETC oh my

This may seem overly PICKY or parnoid, but a pet peeve for many years has been the vagueness of Software to Explicitly with NO doubts or "implies" of EXACTLY what Operating Systems their software WILL, Will Not[or might], RUN.

Couple days back somewhere recall here and there various lists of OS's for running DVDFab applications, with the "64 bit" part kind of tossed in near the end which may imply the 64 refers to ALL the 64 bit versions of all software in the list and implies all non-64 bit versions of the list of OS's is also implied in the list.

Example:

System Requirements
    Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit)

now I "think" the only 64-bit for 2000 was "2003 server"?
    No "professional listed".

FOR ME: Does that System Requirements list include: XP Professional 64-bit, otherwise short name probably something like XP pro X64 ?

feel free later to blast into oblivion this post, perhaps adding relevant parts to your Support, KnowledgeBase[Answers to Common Questions].

----------------------------------

I was a total newbie on DVD copy and encrytion and copy protection 48 hours ago, keep that in mind. Rather than multiple threads which seem a bit spammy for a new member, I've got a few more, which like the above could be sucked into FAQ's although not finding these so perhaps the frequent part not applying.

I have noticed past 48 hours, that some of the software in this category are using other software to be used with or plugged into theirs. Some of these companies by doing this are distributing spyware and even malware.
    Think it might violate your forum rules or would link to a post made recently on a software company's site where I had aborted the install. I complimented them for not burying it deep in a novel long EULA but wanted to know if the 3rd party software that I'd be agreeing to let them "install on my behalf" was a ToolBar spyware program [from the "name" was a guess, and that they were getting paid to then "give" their DVD copy software away for free].
    Does DVDFab distribute knowingly in their products or 3rd party software they may use or recommend be installed to use with their products that are the spyware, malware, or other varieties which persons would prefer NOT be installed on their machines?

================

Does DVDFab write and provide their own Decrypter, or provide one or link to a download of some other decrypter tool that is then used by their product?
    Don't be insulted, just checking to be sure, I'm guessing you write and UPDATE your own.

================
    DVDFab HD Decrypter - Free Product
    Is this compatible with XP professional 64-bit?

Any advantage as a kind of TEST, to try DVDFab HD Decrypter first instead of a free 30-day trial of "DVD to DVD" ?
    By advantage was thinking less complicated, less possible issues in looking for possible compatibility issues.
    I'd guess the DVDFab HD Decrypter right now is freeware but won't be getting updates to copy protection decryptions etc.

==================

Burner software: think I read somewhere DVDFab is either including in their install, having the option, or linking to a free nero download link.
    Read a few threads of persons debating the which is better questions.
    One have seen a few times good remarks, notice discussed here:

I have some likely already installed long long ago at old Huge Suites of Nero 7 and Roxio 9, which have hardly ever barely used portions of the Suites?
    Which leads to hopefully a final pair of questions, one specific example and another more general.

During the install, and afterward, can one NOT choose any burner application to be a default for DVDFab software [specifically the DVD to DVD, and HD Decrypter software]?.

Would DVDFab program when run, then ask, what burner software to use? Or must you make a permanent or semi-permanent choice before running the DVDFab software, but perhaps can easily change the choice later and DVDFab software would then use another program as the burner software for the DVDFab programs.

Thinking, if members of the forum like it, the answers to the just above I may need to download and install software BEFORE installing DVDFab so that a location will be there to refer to during the DVDFab installation.
    Leading to the general question, I will look later on this forum and website about installation if decide to give DVDFab a try, but one of my other software general peeves is when installing software in past years when one has to MAKE CHOICES and not enough info is provided to HELP make the choice, before one is in the middle of an install. If any such NONobvious choices come to mind to anyone, please toss out what they might be so the enduser installing DVDFab software will be prepared to make the best choice.

Originally posted by PCPC View Post
    Does DVDFab distribute knowingly in their products or 3rd party software they may use or recommend be installed to use with their products that are the spyware, malware, or other varieties which persons would prefer NOT be installed on their machines?
    Don't know about 3rd party software, but the ONLY place to legally get DVDFab is from dvdfab.com (and dvdfab.net).

Does DVDFab write and provide their own Decrypter, or provide one or link to a download of some other decrypter tool that is then used by their product?
    Yes.

Any advantage as a kind of TEST, to try DVDFab HD Decrypter first instead of a free 30-day trial of "DVD to DVD" ?
    By advantage was thinking less complicated, less possible issues in looking for possible compatibility issues.
    I'd guess the DVDFab HD Decrypter right now is freeware but won't be getting updates to copy protection decryptions etc.
    The free and non-free versions were merged a while back. It is all one program. The non-free version has limited modes of operation and has some copy protection removal delayed by a month or 2.

During the install, and afterward, can one NOT choose any burner application[/B] to be a default [B]for DVDFab software [specifically the DVD to DVD, and HD Decrypter software]?

Would DVDFab program when run, then ask, what burner software to use? Or must you make a permanent or semi-permanent choice before running the DVDFab software, but perhaps can easily change the choice later and DVDFab software would then use another program as the burner software for the DVDFab programs.
    VSO burning engine comes with the install.
    ImgBurn (recommeded) and Nero can also be manually installed and triggered by DVDFab.

The choice is in the settings and requires a restart of DVDFab to be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      The non-free version has limited modes of operation and has some copy protection removal delayed by a month or 2.
      @Complication, I assume you meant "free version", I take "non-free version" to mean Paid or Licensed. But, maybe I had a little too much xxxxx .......

EDIT: Yep, too much xxxxx, I understand now .......
      Last edited by AlienX69; 01-01-2010, 09:07 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
        @Complication, I assume you meant "free version", I take "non-free version" to mean Paid or Licensed. But, maybe I had a little too much xxxxx .......

EDIT: Yep, too much xxxxx, I understand now .......
        No, you are right. It should say "the free version has limited...".

Comment

What about dvdfab6.com
          They sell the newest version of 6.2.1.8 with lifetime key for half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by mharvot View Post
            What about dvdfab6.com
            They sell the newest version of 6.2.1.8 with lifetime key for half the price.
            SCAM.
            You'll end up with a non-working app in 30 days and probably be blacklisted
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

PCPC visitor message

Originally posted by PCPC
              what a tiny box 8 char wide 4lines deep to put in a message. I intend to wait a while to reply to the thread

but to not make it longer than my start of the thread already made it.
              Visitor messages are not the correct way to continue the discussion. The purpose of the forum format is so that others can benefit and more people can help solve the problem. Your thread length was fine although you could have been more brief with each question.

If you can edit posts being a Moderator: note your Yes might make more sense to add "DVDFab writes their own" unless your "yes" was regarding the other part that they don't and use a third party decrypter.
              Yes, DVDFab writes their own.

Also wondered if "some copy protection removal delayed by a month or 2." means they delay providing the program with copy protection removal functions or if you mean the removal may be a month or two behind the latest updates for various copy protection.....newbie so not obvious to me if getting your meaning.
              As new copy protection comes out, DVDFab creates counter-measures and puts them in the paid version first and then in the free version a little time later (no exact time frame is given).

Comment

ahem

For DVD to DVD (and suppose also for the DECRYPTER product:
                FOR ME: Does that System Requirements list include: XP Professional 64-bit, otherwise short name probably something like XP pro X64 ?

================
                Is this compatible with XP professional 64-bit?

Anyone familiar with both who looking back if they were to IMAGINE they are new to DVDFab, would they see any reason for a new kid on the block to try Decrypter first, or would they just wish they had just tried the DVD to DVD as a first taste of DVDFab software?

Lot of old parts going obsolete, if assembled into a workstation would like DVD to to DVD to be moved(installed) there, any difficulty if uninstall a copy of DVDFab to install it instead on another machine...any license problem or difficulty if will only be installed on ONE machine at any particular time?

==================

I don't "do Blue ray"......yet.

DVDFAB: are there, if yes will there continue to be, discounts for customers with lower tier products--- such as for UPGRADING for example to Blue RAY to Blue Ray from the DVD to DVD product?

Does the Blue Ray to Blue Ray have all the capabilities/features to do everything the DVD to DVD product does?

A table of product features, prices, upgrade paths might be helpful on the website.

Comment

If you had spent some time researching this forum and the DVD Fab website instead of the time spent in composing these long-winded queries, you would have found:-

1. This is a user maintained forum, not a sales-oriented tool.
                  2. There is a fully functioning 30 day trial available
                  3. All pricing is on the DVDFab.com website
                  4. There is a product functionality thread in this forum which fully describes all modules.
                  5. Your posts are regarded as bad forum ettiquette with the large bolding, etc, etc.
                  6. The users that have tried to assist you have supplied all the information that you are going to get here.

Do some work for yourself.

All the information that you require is either on this forum or on dvdfab.com
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Your prize 2 weeks suspension to reflect on the error of your ways.

Comment

PCPC, the behavior you exhibited in this thread will not be tolerated. Your more offensive posts have been deleted or edited. In the future, ask succinct questions and learn to be satisfied with succinct answers. None of the forum staff has time to respond to questions of why and what if, our job is to help users that have problems with the product(s). This is your one and only warning not to attempt again to engage Moderators in debates. Like much of what you wrote, it is not relevant to solving problems with the product and will result in a permanent ban if repeated. If you have a problem with something a Moderator has said or done, you can contact me by PM.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X