Forced Subtitle Problem For ISO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced Subtitle Problem For ISO

I am rather new at this so please forgive me if I use the wrong terminology.

I am creating an ISO file of the Bluray movie Olympus Has Fallen (US Region 1 Version) using the Main Movie function of DVDFab. I have all English audio tracks selected, and I have all English subtitles selected as well.

When the Koreans speak in the movie their forced English subtitles are not visible. If I turn on either of the English subtitles, I see subtitles for everything, not just the foreign language. It seems one subtitle track is just the language translation, and the other includes who is speaking (e.g. "Helicopter Pilot: Roger That!").

Am I doing something wrong or does Main Movie for BluRay not support Forced Subtitles for some reason?

I have done quite a bit of testing and the strange thing is if I change the Copy Mode from Main Movie to Full Disc, when I play that ISO back I do get the forced subtitles for foreign languages.

If it makes a difference, my main player is XMBC but I am using PowerDVD for testing on my PC prior. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Apparently that forced sub is set by navigational commands rather than flagged items and these are not taken into account when only the main movie is ripped.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Thanks for your response. A few followup questions if I may:

1.) Is this something that might change in the future? Or is it not possible for technical reasons?

2.) How rare are forced subtitles that behave this way? It seems strange I have no way to turn this on at all using Main Movie. But if it's a rarity then I don't care so much

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelJezus View Post
        Thanks for your response. A few followup questions if I may:

1.) Is this something that might change in the future? Or is it not possible for technical reasons?

2.) How rare are forced subtitles that behave this way? It seems strange I have no way to turn this on at all using Main Movie. But if it's a rarity then I don't care so much

Thanks.
        Turn off the subtilte on the player. When you copy the full disc, the foreign language just display? In copy the main movies the foreign subtiel could not diaplay.You can try choose a subtitle, then disable it. Maybe your force subtitle need selected.
        I try this issue with AVATAR to main movie ISO. Then play on the powerdvd12, and DVDFab player2, the force subtitle display well.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

@PretzelJesus

It's not so rare, actually. And I don't know if it will change anytime soon but apparently are rippers have issues with this. Here's some more info.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
          MultiShrink
          : DVD Shrink batch processing
          Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

All

The forced subs in Olympus.. Main Movie ISO or folder display correctly in TMT5 and DVDFab Media Player if the correct sub stream is included in the output (but this may not be true for all players).

When using BD Ripper with this movie, make the selection shown in the capture (the SECOND stream) and it should be fine. I always use Direct Render to Video for forced subs so that the output file will exactly duplicate the theatrical experience on any player. Note in the other capture that DVDFab will alert you to the presence of forced subs during the conversion process and includes the stream PID and the playback timestamp for when it occurs.

The third capture shows the first forced subs that appear in the movie, at 00:36:07. The earlier bits of non-English dialog are not captioned.
            Attached Files
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X