X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Older Versions

Hello Guys
    I have been watching these forums for about a year and never really had a need to ask any questions however, til now.
    I already checked the FAQ and did not find the answer. So, here is my question -

Is it feasible to overwrite my previous copy of DVDFab (on each update that is given) with the newer one ?
    OR
    Should I re-install the new version and remove the other?

If I missed the FAQ on this, please guide me to it instead.

Thanks a lot
    The Colonel

I know noth-thing, NOTH-THING! But I have it on good authority that you just overwrite the old version. If you are updating across versions, i.e. v5.to v6xxx, you will need to obtain a new key and register the new version (the new keys are free on the dvdfab.com website under the Support tab).

R.I.P. Bob Crane, Werner Klemperer, John Banner
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Installing over older version will allow you to keep any of your settings.

Comment

This is in the Tutorial somewhere but I couldn't find it with a quick check. Looks like we need a better place for it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Gentlemen, you have been a big help. Initially, the first thought I had was to just write over the previous version and all would be fine.
          That is what I have done this time and all is good. Since I now have it on 'good authority', I may continue with my safe plan.

As in the Stalag days, "Let's go eat and talk about it. Then maybe, JUST MAYBE, we can get outta here !!"
          (we know now that was a long conversation).

Perhaps I can find the Tutorial myself and respond as I should.

The Colonel

Comment

Love your show, however I have never seen where you have computers, TVs and DVD players down in those tunnels.

Comment

The tutorial is on the dvdfab.com website. There is a link in the small banner at the very top of the page.

Originally posted by Col Hogan View Post

Gentlemen, you have been a big help. Initially, the first thought I had was to just write over the previous version and all would be fine.
              That is what I have done this time and all is good. Since I now have it on 'good authority', I may continue with my safe plan.

As in the Stalag days, "Let's go eat and talk about it. Then maybe, JUST MAYBE, we can get outta here !!"
              (we know now that was a long conversation).

Perhaps I can find the Tutorial myself and respond as I should.

The Colonel

Comment

Yeah, I checked it out but maybe it needs a little clarification about just installing over the previous version.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X