Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove unwanted Languages? HD Decrypter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove unwanted Languages? HD Decrypter?

Hi all. It's hard to put my topic in the Title.

I am using the freeware DVD Fab 9.x HD Decrypter on Bluray discs to create lossless rips on my hard drive...it does a fabulous job! However, I would like the ability to remove unwanted items such as non-English language tracks, possibly various audio tracks, etc. Is it possible to do this with DVD Fab HD Decrypter or must I purchase some other DVDFab product (please let me know which product)? I am not looking to compress/convert the bluray to a lossy format such as MP4 or AVI...I just want to "rip" the bluray movie itself to my hard drive but also have the ability to remove languages and other things that I don't want (and save a bit of hard drive space).

Years ago there was a great Windows app called DVDShrink for the tasks I'm trying to do for dvds...it was so simple and easy to use the GUI...but it's only for dvds.

I'm hoping one of DVDFab's products can do it and maybe I can review the Manual before purchasing.

If DVDFab (as a company) doesn't offer such a product, do you know of one that does (again, for Bluray rips) on the Windows platform?

Thanks so much in advance!
    Last edited by ericdvdfab; 01-11-2014, 01:01 AM.

Hi ericdvdfab
    It sounds like you would need to purchase Blu-Ray copy.
    Using the free HD Decrypter, you will not be able to compress or burn, only full disc copy's.
    Here is Blu-Ray copy http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-copy.htm

You will be able to do full disc copying and also main movie, minus the things you do not want.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi and thanks, CBR929. But Bluray Copy does not mention the features I am looking for. I am not going to compress my Blurays...I just want to rip the Main Movie to my hard drive and also remove unwanted features like non-English tracks, subtitles, closed captioning, etc.

HD Decrypter already gives me the Main Movie...I just want to take a few more pieces away.

I have looked at the Bluray Copy Manual before posting and there's no mention of the tasks I am looking to do. Can you or someone from DVDFab reply with more confirmation on my goals using DVDFab products?

Thanks again!

Comment

Hi ericdvdfab
        You will need to hover over the audio and subtitle drop downs and choose your out put choices, see pics
        Note I used a DVD and not Blu-Ray but, you should have the same choices in Blu-Ray.
        CBR929

Here is a users manual you can download for version 9 here
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CBR929; 01-11-2014, 03:03 AM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

In main movie mode seems you can edit with the free hd decrypter this info from the fab description of hd decrypter.
          Copy either full disc or main movie
          Two copy modes available: Full Disc and Main Movie. So you can freely copy either the whole content of the disc or just the longest movie title.
          Multiple settings
          There are multi-settings for you to edit your DVD/Blu-ray copies. For example, you can specify your preferred output audio track and subtitle; you can change DVD playback order, remove annoying PGCs; you can also set the title playback order.

Comment

You can do it easliy, but not in Full Disc mode. Main Movie will allow you to remove sub or audio streams you don't want to include, even in HD Decrypter mode. Customize mode (which is like Re-author mode in Shrink) will allow you to pick and choose which extras and bonus features you want to include, but it requires the registered version.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              ...Customize mode (which is like Re-author mode in Shrink) will allow you to pick and choose which extras and bonus features you want to include, but it requires the registered version.
              Thanks...but requires the registered version of what product exactly?

Thanks again.

Comment

The 'Copy' module for either DVD or BD (or both depending on your needs).
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X