Registration concerns re: a second machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration concerns re: a second machine

Having purchased both a lifetime DVD copy license AND a separate lifetime DVDFab all-in-one package, I have a legitimate license to run the entire DVDFab package on one computer while running the DVD copy software on a different one.

On DVDFab 8, this was easy, as I just select the "DVD Copy" license and deselect all the other licenses when downloading a key, then activate the key and DVDFab correctly registers the software. Unfortunately, DVDFab 9 doesn't recognize the registration provided by the downloaded registry key.

Even more unfortunate is the fact that DVDFab 9 demands my email address and password and then automatically registers the software without giving me the option to select which software packages to activate. In trying to activate the DVD Copy software, the system automatically (and incorrectly) registered every DVDFab license I own on the second machine.

As the only package I have two licenses for is DVD Copy, I obviously don't want to risk my all-in-one license by having it registered on two machines at the same time. If DVDFab doesn't care, then I certainly don't... but if you guys DO care, then I need to know how to tell the software to only register the second DVD Copy license on the new machine.

Fab allows a few machines on 1 license however if two many machines are used your license can be blackballed so it won't work.

Comment

It should not be a problem. If you have trouble with this, send an email to mona@dvdfab.com and include a link to this thread.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Toccatta
        You can install and run DVD Fab on two computers but, DO NOT run DVD Fab on both computer at the same time or you take the chance of having your license Blacklisted.
        Hope this clears things up.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The way I read the OP's post he has two separate licenses, one for each computer pard. He just needs to be sure the same license is not on both computers if he intends to use both at the same time. With version 9's activation I'm not sure how that would be accomplished?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.
            I re-read the post and see his problem now, maybe as signals suggested contacting mona might help.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Registration

Hi, Toccatta

I guess you're using one of your email buy DVD Copy lifetime, and then use the same email purchase DVDFab All-in One lifetime, please contact Mona mona@dvdfab.com, she can help you solve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                The way I read the OP's post he has two separate licenses, one for each computer pard. He just needs to be sure the same license is not on both computers if he intends to use both at the same time. With version 9's activation I'm not sure how that would be accomplished?
                This! ^

I have contacted Mona hoping to get this issue resolved. However, this is clearly a design flaw in DVDFab 9's registration system if a person holding multiple licenses to a given software package has them ALL automatically installed on the same machine any time an installation is activated - preventing a person from purchasing two or more copies of a program and using them on an equal number of PCs.

The activation system needs to work by license ID#, like it did in DVDFab 8. It can still be handled online and can still be operated by email address if using registry keys didn't provide adequate security... just allow the customer to choose which ID#s are activated and which are not. If you make it a P.I.T.A. to register multiple legally-acquired copies, then you discourage people from BUYING multiple copies, and I know that's not what you want.

Comment

Could someone from DVDFab clarify this. I'm interested in maybe purchasing a second license using the same email address, and I would like to make sure how the activation on two computers works, in order to avoid problems with the licenses.

Comment

Answered in your other post.
                    CBR929

Comment

Working...
                    X