DVDFab BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab BSOD

I just purchased the DVD Copy and tried to copy two DVDs. The same thing happened on both of them. The program copies the original movie, ejects it and looks for the blank DVD, and by the time I get the blank DVD inserted, I get the Blue Screen of Death and my laptop reboots.

Here is the info about my laptop:
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    64-bit
    Intel(R) COre(TM) i5-2410M, CPU @2.30Ghz
    8.00GB RAM

Hopefully I have attached the logs that you need to figure out my problem.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hi DanSally
    Please try installing the latest drivers for your video card from the manufactures web site, and try again.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

It seems that all of the protection on the disc is not being removed. It is being worked on today. Make sure you have PathPlayer turned on ("Always Enable").
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I updated my video driver and checked the path-player and "always enable" is checked.

I tried to copy Escape Plan and Last Vegas and I got the same results as before.

I cleared my logs before I started and am attaching the only new ones I see.

I don't know if this helps in isolating the problems or not, but if I rip a movie with DVDShrink, I can copy it with DVDFab fine. The problem with that is there seems to be a lot of new movies that DVDShink cannot decode (or whatever it does).

I am new at this and trying to learn.

Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

I just looked at your previous posts....prior to your purchasing Fab.
          Did you uninstall Fab as you indicated you probably would do?

I suspect that you may have a corrupted download/install.

Recommend that you completely uninstall Fab
          Then run CCleaner...the freeware version is more than adequate.

Download CCleaner for FREE. Clean your PC of temporary files, tracking cookies, browser junk and more! Get the latest version today.

Run Windows Cleaner (be certain that "Old Prefetch data" is checked).
          Run Applications Cleaner and also run the Registry Cleaner.
          You'll be given the option to backup registry changes, but no one I know...including myself and all the mods here...has ever encountered an issue.
          (No big deal to do it, however)

Download a fresh installer from Fab and hopefully, you're good to go.

Hope this helps
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yes I did uninstall, but I did not run CCleaner before I downloaded and reinstalled. I am familiar with CCLeaner and use it regularly. I did run it after I updated my video driver. I will try you recommendation and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSally View Post
              I updated my video driver and checked the path-player and "always enable" is checked.

I tried to copy Escape Plan and Last Vegas and I got the same results as before.

I cleared my logs before I started and am attaching the only new ones I see.

I don't know if this helps in isolating the problems or not, but if I rip a movie with DVDShrink, I can copy it with DVDFab fine. The problem with that is there seems to be a lot of new movies that DVDShink cannot decode (or whatever it does).

I am new at this and trying to learn.

Thanks!
              dvd shrink cannot handle new release movies.

Comment

Hey MaineMan,

I did as you recommended. Completely remove Fab and all files/folders. Ran CCLeaner. Downloaded and reinstalled Fab. Same results. I will post the new logs.

While I was doing this I downloaded the trial version to my desktop to see if it worked there. I would be fine with that. It did not get the BSOD, but after 37% and then 52%, is said something like "error copying disk". Sorry I did not write it down. Shall I post the logs from my desktop? I just do not want to confuse the experts that are looking at my problem.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DanSally View Post
                  Hey MaineMan,

I did as you recommended. Completely remove Fab and all files/folders. Ran CCLeaner. Downloaded and reinstalled Fab. Same results. I will post the new logs.

While I was doing this I downloaded the trial version to my desktop to see if it worked there. I would be fine with that. It did not get the BSOD, but after 37% and then 52%, is said something like "error copying disk". Sorry I did not write it down. Shall I post the logs from my desktop? I just do not want to confuse the experts that are looking at my problem.
                  check your discs for scratches/defects, clean your discs, clean out your drive with compressed air and clean your drives laser. if the discs again fail to copy, return to the store and exchange them.

Comment

Three of the discs I have tried are brand new. I did clean them, as well as my laser, and still get the same result. At least three of these disc I can rip with DVDShrink and then copy with DVDFab, so I really don't think all of these DVDs can be bad.

I do appreciate the suggestion.

Comment

DVDFab 9125/6 can handle these discs with no problem. It seems from your log that you may not have registered DVDFab after reinstalling it, and the free (HD Decrrypter) version of the product may not handle these titles. Select 'License Info' from the Settings dropdown and see if the licenses you have purchased show as 'Activated'. If not, then you need to register the product.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just checked and it shows "Activated" under DVD Copy, File Transfer, and HD Decrypter.

Comment

I installed and activated DVDFab on my desktop and have successfully recorded two DVDs. It seems to be working fine. The problem I was having must be something to do with my laptop.

Thank you all very much for your attempts to solve my issue.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X