DVD-Audio discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD-Audio discs

I was wondering if DVDFab can copy DVD-Audio discs?

I thought it did at one time, but I do not even own one to test it with. It is not mentioned as a feature. If you have one, try it to see the result and share it with us. Are these still being produced?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVD-Audio copying...

Actually, it is mentioned... I just checked the FAQ section on DVDFab's website, and it says "Can I copy DVD-Audio disc with DVDFab? Yes, you can. Please use DVDFab DVD Copy-->Clone mode to copy and burn your DVD-Audio disc.". Should have checked there first, I guess... I will test and let you know if it works....

Comment

LOL you dug deeper than I did, I hope it works. let us know.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by rggauld View Post
          Should have checked there first, I guess... I will test and let you know if it works....
          DVDFab can copy the Audio-DVDs.
          Let us know your testing result, thank you.
          I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
          Edison

Comment

I have started to copy my DVD-Audio discs to .ISO's, and so far, no problem... I assume that when I pick Clone/Burn, I also have to click the Advanced Settings and make sure that "Copy Video-Disc Data Only" and "Copy Original IFO Files" are both unchecked, as DVD-Audio discs have files in both the "AUDIO_TS" and "VIDEO_TS" folders. I have checked the .ISO against the disc itself, and it appears to have copied the above mentioned files from both directories. I haven't tested the files on my Dune HD Base 3D media player yet, but when I do, I will post the results.

Comment

I have tried all the DVD-Audio .ISO copies on my Dune Media Player, and they all work! Kudos to DVDFab for allowing me to backup these discs (which are no longer available, as far as I know), and thus preserve the original discs.
              I am going to have fun listening to these in DTS 96/24 bit resolution!

Comment

Originally posted by rggauld View Post
                I have tried all the DVD-Audio .ISO copies on my Dune Media Player, and they all work! Kudos to DVDFab for allowing me to backup these discs (which are no longer available, as far as I know), and thus preserve the original discs.
                I am going to have fun listening to these in DTS 96/24 bit resolution!
                All of my DVD-A discs contain MLP (packed PCM) audio with crappy old 448Kbps 48KHz/16-bit DolbyDigital audio. I don't have any with DTS audio, which is a great shame because DTS at 96KHz/24-bit is so much better.

Which disc's do you have that include DTS audio?
                I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

You are correct, all of the DVD-Audio discs that have MLP Lossless audio will play, but the option to listen to them on the Dune Media Player is not available. I can still choose the Dolby Digital or DTS sound, which plays fine.
                  DTS 96KHz/24-bit will also play on the Dune (which sounds great!). These are
                  the discs that I have:

Doors - L.A. Woman
                  Eagles - Hotel California
                  Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive
                  Metallica - The Black Album
                  Queen - A Night at the Opera (DTS 96KHz/24-bit)
                  R.E.M. - Green (DTS 96KHz/24-bit)
                  Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time (DTS 96KHz/24-bit)
                  T.Rex - Electric Warrior
                  Neil Young - Harvest (DTS 96KHz/24-bit)

Comment

Nice one... Some of those disc's have become quite collectable
                    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
                    X