This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect issues

Can't get the new version to load properly on my laptop. It's happened before but corrected itself after a few days. Says I need to enable HD Decrypter or try connecting to net again? Tried to re-download it, but it won't install because of something to do with Norton 360. Suggestions?

Works on my other computer, but I have problems with the drive not opening on that one

Tell windows to run the installer "As Administrator", tell Norton to ignore the DVDFab installer. It should have a control or setting for this.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I think I got it. It was a little slow going from splash screen to activation window, but that's cool. As long as it works!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Tell windows to run the installer "As Administrator", tell Norton to ignore the DVDFab installer. It should have a control or setting for this.
        Why do we have to go into Norton Firewall EACH and EVERY time to adjust the settings?

Comment

Originally posted by wallyps View Post
          Why do we have to go into Norton Firewall EACH and EVERY time to adjust the settings?
          First time something like that happened to me. It's not a big issue & I have the program working

Comment

Originally posted by wallyps View Post
            Maybe this question should be asked on the Norton forum, and not here...
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Maybe it is because Norton is a POS!!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                Maybe it is because Norton is a POS!!!
                Will never use Norton again.
                Used it years ago, it put out a welcome mat and red carpet for viruses to enter whenever they wanted
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Same here, hence my comment above and also the fact that it is "BloatWare"!!!
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The topic (AV products) is diverse. After reading about the subject recently, I realized that the individual PC user's experiences with various AV products are all over the map, to say the least.

I'll give my 2ΒΆ on Norton:

- Windows 7 x64
                    - Norton 360 since Dec '12

Norton is my 3rd AV product since I got into home 'net use about 10 years ago. It's early, about 14 months since switching to Norton, but so far all's going well.

I'm not a PC gamer so I don't see a resource issue with Norton but I am a frequent user of DVDFab Ver 8x .

Norton overhauled their product a couple of years ago which reduced the previous resource-usage issues by a significant margin, or that was my understanding of the subject when I was researching the product prior to deciding on Norton for my PC's.

Since running Norton, I've encountered no intrusions of issues as yet. Prior to installing Norton, I usually averaged about 1 intrusion per year, malware, etc.

Comment

This is not the place for this discussion, the thread is closed.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X