problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems

I'm still having problems with Version 9 not activating on my laptop. I tried to uninstall it, but can't get the whole thing off (older version still lurking somewhere).

Can I install & register on the external drive of a different computer & use that successfully?

Or are all the recent site shutdowns part of the problem?

Originally posted by jrogers1965 View Post
    I'm still having problems with Version 9 not activating on my laptop. I tried to uninstall it, but can't get the whole thing off (older version still lurking somewhere).

Can I install & register on the external drive of a different computer & use that successfully?

Or are all the recent site shutdowns part of the problem?

after you uninstall then run CCleaner (a free program) and clean up the computer including the reg. that should get it all off
    Paid Not To Work
    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
    Proudly Served On
    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

I downloaded CCleaner, but my installer isn't working right for some reason! Can't install anything on this POS

btw it's 8.1

Comment

It may be some security setting, but I do not have 8.x and really can't advise you very well, just the standard advice to choose Save rather than Run and download the installers you are having trouble with, then run them using the As Administrator option if 8 has such a thing. Sounds like a mess, sorry you are having so much trouble.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          It may be some security setting, but I do not have 8.x and really can't advise you very well, just the standard advice to choose Save rather than Run and download the installers you are having trouble with, then run them using the As Administrator option if 8 has such a thing. Sounds like a mess, sorry you are having so much trouble.
          Thanks Signals! What about running Fab from an external drive on a different computer? I know it's a Win7 OS. I'd switch the registration from laptop to that pc. Possible or not?

Comment

I just installed 9.1.3.2 to a small USB thumb drive on my W7x64 machine and plugged it into my W8.1 laptop where no fab is installed and it ran like a top. Just remember not to create any desktop icons when installing to the USB drive, then create the shortcut on the laptop and move it to the desktop. You'll have to activate it on the laptop, activation does not move with the program.
            Last edited by 90312; 03-12-2014, 01:55 AM.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X