Legal suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are with you

I joined Dvdfab before but didn't buy any product. On March 13 and 14 I couldn't access dvdfab.com site, so I decided to do a search and found the news from a techblog.

Learning that dvdfab set up a new site, I believe they are showing their determination to keep the business up and not abandoning their customers, so I immediately bought a life time product from dvdfab to show my support.

Now, with that, I would like to say a few things to dvdfab:

1. I believe the move(s) by the authority in US partly caused by dvdfab not showing in court or not responding/replying to the court inquiries edaquately. That, I think, was the biggest mistake.
    2. There are legitimate uses of the software, so please keep up the good work and don't give up. Keep fighting! There are many many people like us who are not pirates, who are just wanting Fair Use.
    3. As those big and greedy fat wallet companies intensify their measures to take away our Fair Use rights, there has been and will always be a market for the software. So, again, keep up. Don't vanish, don't go away.
    4. I believe the site shutdowns and service blocks caught dvdfab by surprise, explaining why many customers didn't receive any emails or notifications. I was just a regular member, not a customer, so I can't really say if dvdfab did or didn't notify its customers. But dvdfab probably needs to keep its users informed better. Together we will be stronger!

Thanks

Comment

My comment isn't about the legality of the what has gone down, or the legality od using such software as DVDFab.
      No instead my comment is about the stupidity of the actions of the MPAA.

Long, long ago there was a piece of software called Napster, this software was used by lots of people to get music for free.
      Those people on the whole were young people with a scattering of older tech savvy ones thrown in, but to everyone else Napster
      wasn't even heard of, of if it was it was just a name. Then there was a big court case and soon lots more people knew of Napster
      and the wonderful things it promised. The whole situation was a big mistake for the RIAA and soon more napsters with many different
      variations on the same theme sprang into existence, and the more the RIAA tried to cut off their heads the more new ones sprang into
      life. Now lots of people knew about the magic of downloading music, and many other things, and now piracy soared to new heights.
      To this day there is hardly a day goes by without some dear old granny, or the like, asking someone in the know how to download a movie
      or a song or whatever.
      If only those silly RIAA people had have gone "oh well there may be some naughty people out there getting our music for free but we're
      making such a bucket full of money we should just forget it" things might have been different, but no they had to advertise it, and the
      adverts worked brilliantly.
      A bit like when a religious group jumps up and down about a movie/book/song they want banned because they see the work of the devil in it.
      Well we all know what happens there, an otherwise minor movie becomes a box office hit, a song races to top of the charts, and a book is on
      the best seller list within no time.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I predict a jump in sales for DVDFab, better get your workers in the DVDFab mines ready for some extra work.

Comment

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
        This in itself is a big farce and we know it because depending on where you live, the price of a movie ticket can vary wildy. Some places can be as cheap as $5.00 and other places can be $12.00 or more. Then there is online pricing for movie rentals which can be outrageous depending on the service.
        I wish! Here, a typical movie ticket costs $22 for an adult at the "premium" theaters like Hoyts and Village. Some others charge $17 - $18. But you won't find much less (except for specials). For 3D movies I've seen prices as high as $40+

As it is, Newer movies will always win over older movies because of this model.
        Agreed. The whole model is oxy-moronic. Ratings and media reviews seem to drive ticket sales and that in turn drives profits. Some of the best movies I've seen have had mediocre ratings. Some olf the higher rated stuff to me was garbage.

Like everything in our "civilized" society, movies are driven by profiteering. There is a "take no prisoners" mentality.

The MPAA and the RIAA are nothing more than GREEDY Fat Cats who don't care for anyone but themselves and screw everyone else!
        I buy my movies. I go to theaters. But I also believe I have the right to protect my investment. I have spent well over $10,000 on movies over the years. Why should I not be able to protect that investment by backing up my collection.

That legal standpoint is dangerously near extinction. It is sad that that the courts don't protect the rights of the very people who they are sworn to protect.

Because as you have said, the RIAA and MPAA and others like them control the courts. IMHO, these profiteering organizations are nothing more than an organized crime syndicate.

Comment

Well here is something that will at least bring a smile to everyone's faces.

USA to Relinquish Control over the Internet

Note, the link is from Softpedia.com which is a site I frequent.

But then again I use FireFox with the "AdBlock Plus" extention which is currently at 2.5.1

-
          Once this goes through, it'll become harder for the US government to take seize domains as any legal issues will have to be on an international level to justify what they did here.

Comment

That is certainly interesting and probably long overdue.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

"bring a smile to everyone's faces."

Why? So that communist China or Russia can have their way and control the web?

All that free and open exchange of information that China's web policy is about hey?

Comment

Bitdefender Total, anti-virus detection

I had sent a request to Bitdefender concerning an "Untrusted" report in DvdFab.
                They sent the site to their Virus Lab for further investigation. Bitdefender replied:

"UNTRUSTED" detection has been removed.

NOTE: I trust Bitdefender, as my Anti-Virus, more than any other.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
                  "bring a smile to everyone's faces."

Why? So that communist China or Russia can have their way and control the web?

All that free and open exchange of information that China's web policy is about hey?
                  You're letting your imagination run away is what you're doing there.

No one would be controlling the Web and as it is, the USA would be more of a threat if left in charge of the Web what with the NSA and the current Police State set of mind.

The world is not what it used to be and you sound like either an old racist fart or you're young and don't know what you're talking about.

The days of such atrocities as the Tiananmen Square Massacre in China are in the past.

Besides.....

If that's the way you think, then what are you doing accessing a Chinese website which is run by a Chinese Company, not to mention using all the products in your home which you, yourself purchase and use on a daily basis which are mostly made in China and shipped world wide?

Comment

Nothing about Chinese and Russian censorship of the internet is due to my imagination.

Comment

No, the censorship within their own countries is not your imagination.

But in the way of controlling the Web itself World Wide is what I was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
                        Nothing about Chinese and Russian censorship of the internet is due to my imagination.
                        I hope you didn't chose Kaspersky as your Anti-Virus

Comment

Originally posted by d3photoguy View Post
                          However it was not in any junk folder so apparently I did not receive a copy. Perhaps others have not as well.
                          I too have received zero e-mail regarding this. So, Signals, if the DVDFab staff thought they sent out e-mail, it is just that, they thought it went out.

Comment

I beg to differ....

They did send an email out to everyone.

The thing is depending on your Email service you might not have received it as the Email might have been automatically filtered out before even getting to your account.

But for those whose accounts the Email did reach, it may have ended up in the Junk folder or another folder altogether reserved just for spam.

I received mine, the same day this thread was started and it was in my Junk Mail Folder. As it was, I was a bit vary about it because of the domain seizure and I right clicked on it to check the (header) message properties. I use Microsoft OutLook for my Email client instead of a web client.

In the header, there was mention of DVDFab.com but the email did not come from and the return email was not to that address. Instead, they were using some other address to get their email out to everyone.

But never the less, they did Email everyone.

Comment

It also wouldn't hurt to check your User CP and make sure your email address is current and correct.
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X