Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potti: Update BluFab9 information for users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Potti: Update BluFab9 information for users?

I just updated to BluFab9 and while I haven't had an opportunity to use it, I was surprised I needed to activate the product to show I had a lifetime license. I think it will be helpful if this information was provided in the closed thread.

Thanks much for considering this addition

Jeffie

Update: Is there any reason to keep DVDFab9 installed (Is this situation similar to the time when we had V8 and V9)? I see I now have 2 programs installed.
    Last edited by Jeffie; 03-17-2014, 01:10 PM. Reason: ask question

[QUOTE=Jeffie;160161]I just updated to BluFab9 and while I haven't had an opportunity to use it, I was surprised I needed to activate the product to show I had a lifetime license. I think it will be helpful if this information was provided in the closed thread.

Jeffie

Good point Jeffie.... Password remember time !

Comment

BluFab 9

Earlier on today I downloaded Blufab 9 ,while checking it out I find that I am unable to get into the forum using the link in common settings . I get" BT - Page cannot be displayed" Is this a glitch?

Comment

Possibly a link that did not get updated to reflect the new forum URL, glad you spotted it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If you use the uninstaller that comes with the product, it should be fine.I am going to try it later myself to see how it goes. I did not have to re-register BluFab, it came up correctly after allowing it the reboot it requested.

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
          I just updated to BluFab9 and while I haven't had an opportunity to use it, I was surprised I needed to activate the product to show I had a lifetime license. I think it will be helpful if this information was provided in the closed thread.

Jeffie

Update: Is there any reason to keep DVDFab9 installed (Is this situation similar to the time when we had V8 and V9)? I see I now have 2 programs installed.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I had to register mine again and also lost my preferences. I used the update through the ap which probably didn't run as admin altho the 31 that I updated from was run as admin.

Blufab does install to a new directory.
            Last edited by Fred_Fish; 03-17-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

You are not alone Fred, I also lost my preferences but I have confidence that the company will get the bugs worked out.

Comment

Sorry you guys had problems with this, I did not, but I never use the popup window to do the updates, I just let it serve as a reminder and download from the normal link on the website or the forum. Also the uninstall of v9.1.3.3 caused no problems here.

Comment

Switched to BluFab9

I have switched to BluFab9,
                  I deleted DvdFab8 qt, it was simply co-existing on my computer and not being used. And I couldn't gain access to it anymore.

My request is:

Is it safe to delete ALL documents/programs/links referencing DvdFab9 at this time?
                  I have plenty of free space in my computer (410 free of 465)

Although I have not used it yet, BluFab9 opens correctly although DvdFab9 logos are still on the pages. (Home Page, Downloads and such)

NOTE: The address to this forum still reads as: DvdFab Community, it still opens in one click, from my "Favorites".

Comment

If you purchased DVDFab I strongly advise you to stay with it and dump BluFab.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Do as 90312 suggests, BluFab is for new purchasers. You will miss out on nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                        If you purchased DVDFab I strongly advise you to stay with it and dump BluFab.
                        Just to be absolutely sure before I do something terribly wrong. Where you replying to me when you say: Delete BluFab?

I started with DVDFab8, All in One, never expire, and updated to DVDFab9

Before writting this, I had already re-downloaded DVDFab8 qt.

Comment

Yes I was, if you purchased DVDFab dump BluFab and stay with DVDFab.
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                            Yes I was, if you purchased DVDFab dump BluFab and stay with DVDFab.
                            Done, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X