Batch Or Automatic Task Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Or Automatic Task Queue

Is there a way to setup Ripper so that it automatically creates a batch of tasks? For example, I'd like to rip to three different formats each time I rip a movie, and I manually set it up each time. I rip an AppleTV version and a couple of smaller portable versions.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit

Originally posted by Dogfart View Post
    Is there a way to setup Ripper so that it automatically creates a batch of tasks? For example, I'd like to rip to three different formats each time I rip a movie, and I manually set it up each time. I rip an AppleTV version and a couple of smaller portable versions.
    First, select your source; Then right click the source, and you will see "Copy Source" option. If you want to rip to three different formats, just copy 2 times.
    Then set your wanted format.
    Attached Files
    I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
    Edison

Comment

Batch That!

Originally posted by Edison View Post
      First, select your source; Then right click the source, and you will see "Copy Source" option. If you want to rip to three different formats, just copy 2 times.
      Then set your wanted format.
      Right... exactly what I do now, and don't want to do. Instead of that, what I want to do is lump all of that manual copying into one job. Whatever you want to call it, it's batching a group of tasks. For example, I want to take an ISO and rip it into three outputs/three formats without actually manually copying two additional times. Call me lazy but I'm not talking about ripping just one movie or ISO at a time. Usually I wait and rip a bunch of ISOs in one sitting. For example, if I'm setting up ten ISOs, I have to copy 20 times. And when you select 10 sources in one shot and then start copying, the copies appear after the very last ISO selected - out of order. For example:

Babe --> Apple TV 3
      Pulp Fiction --> Apple TV 3
      Battlestar Galactica --> Apple TV 3
      Babe --> Surface Pro (manual copy)
      Babe --> HTC One S (manual copy)
      Pulp Fiction --> Surface Pro (manual copy)
      Pulp Fiction --> HTC One S (manual copy)
      Battlestar Galactica --> Surface Pro (manual copy)
      Battlestar Galactica --> HTC One S (manual copy)

I've got three favorites setup, I just want the ability to roll them into one task or job. So when I grab the ISOs all three copies will be grouped together.

This currently isn't available nor does it appear to be anything that anyone else has thought of or requested. It would be handy if it were available.

Comment

I think it has not been requested because it is not really practical. You can load the task queue as Edison suggested, but to simultaneously process all three would require tremendous computer resources and is not the way the task queue is set up. Copying the Source as Edison suggested does not really make a new copy of the Source it just lists it again in the queue.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          I think it has not been requested because it is not really practical. You can load the task queue as Edison suggested, but to simultaneously process all three would require tremendous computer resources and is not the way the task queue is set up. Copying the Source as Edison suggested does not really make a new copy of the Source it just lists it again in the queue.
          Wasn't looking to 'simultaneously process' them either. Just load them.

Comment

Working...
          X