Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if you buy an additional DVDFab module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other What happens if you buy an additional DVDFab module?

I asked this question before but I'm afraid it got lost in the hysteria of postings and may have been overlooked. As the situation stabilizes, I believe that customers will realize that DVDFab has been committed to their customers and responsive to their needs.

Question:

If you purchased one or more programs within the DVDFab suite and you would like to purchase an additional DVDFab program, can that still be done or does the new purchase place that program in the BluFab suite?

Thanks - Jeffie

Jeffie this question will be best answered by the sales staff here: http://dvdfab.cn/contact.htm Keep in mind they are in China and most likely fast asleep, a little patience may be required.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

The answer is "yes".

I don't know if it's because I have a lifetime license for my module or if the marketing strategy has been redefined but if you have a DVDFab module, the sales staff said you can continue to purchase additional DVDFab modules.

Comment

I am not sure if this is actually correct, it is a very fluid situation, particularly where Blu-ray products are concerned and if you are located in the US.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I believe signals is correct if your out side the USA you will be able to purchase new modules to DVDFab. But to me it looks like inside the USA there is no payment method as of yet? The buy or renew links for me anyhow are deactivated and I'm in the USA. Would it not be ionic if Fengtao gave all USA DVDFab users free update's till the situatation was resolved. Like if you had a module that was expiring and they just kept renewing it for free. I bet that would get somebodies attention. Like maybe they wasted a lot of money and time with Lawyers the scum of the earth. I hope the Administrator and moderators will keep us U.S. members posted

Comment

I followed 90312's contact link and posted what I was told by DVDFab staff. Signals is very accurate when he wrote this "is a very fluid situation". I now see that what I was told has changed and while it was accurate at the time, it is no longer accurate.

ErnieBob, I am also in the U.S. and the "Buy Now" links result in the attached message. Stay tuned.
            Attached Files

Comment

I got that message in your screen capture when using the buy link. But in the members center when I tried to renew my BR copy you get no response, not even a message. Been using DVDFab since 06-07 hope things get rite again. I'm getting old and dislike change LOL....
              Last edited by ErnieBob; 03-28-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I do live in Australia and believe me we are just as much effected as you are in the US.Your country controls the internet that's why we are also in the poops.Ps. and all other countries as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                  I do live in Australia and believe me we are just as much effected as you are in the US.Your country controls the internet that's why we are also in the poops.Ps. and all other countries as well.
                  Yep I can see both sides to the problem,and its somewhat hard to call. But the US is supposed to give up its control of the internet at least the part it controls. Who runs it then? The UN were in real trouble then look at all the countries that don't have free speech to any great degree. I believe some of them belong to the new world order the UN is for. World wide censorship of the internet and its people??? Its also hard for some people in the USA to get used to giving up the control, after all the US did start the pioneering of the internet and spur its growth, I believe.
                  Last edited by ErnieBob; 03-30-2014, 07:26 AM. Reason: dropped word

Comment

No USA Renewals ?

Originally posted by ErnieBob View Post
                    I got that message in your screen capture when using the buy link. But in the members center when I tried to renew my BR copy you get no response, not even a message. Been using DVDFab since 06-07 hope things get rite again. I'm getting old and dislike change LOL....
                    I have been trying with no success to renew my DVD Copy module license using the 'new' .cn fab site ... I live in USA & have used Visa on many occasions to renew licenses for this & other modules with no problems in the past using a Visa card ...

using the members renew page displays everything properly, where I select the renew module, length, & select 'Visa' ... BUT when I then hit continue, I get only a blank browser page which goes nowhere ...
                    .. I have experimented using different PCs, browsers, turning off virus,trying on China time vs US time, etc BUT it's clear this is an intended result .. when I sent msg to Fab, I got email saying they added extra month to license (which they did) & they were online & I should just do what I had been doing all along ?... I have been, with same result. So with no further word from Fab, my conclusion is that, in USA, if you don't have already have lifetime license on a module, when renew time comes, you're finished!

.. I really feel bad since I've been a customer since the DVDfab5 days & always been happy; there were reasons I didn't get lifetime lic which I now regret but unless they find a way to handle 'old' customers in USA who chose to use renewals, it doesn't look good.

jak

Comment

Only the DVDFab staff can say for sure how this will be handled, they have a lot to deal with at this moment, so i guess the only thing to do is wait to hear from them.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by jakish View Post
                        I have been trying with no success to renew my DVD Copy module license using the 'new' .cn fab site ... I live in USA & have used Visa on many occasions to renew licenses for this & other modules with no problems in the past using a Visa card ...

using the members renew page displays everything properly, where I select the renew module, length, & select 'Visa' ... BUT when I then hit continue, I get only a blank browser page which goes nowhere ...
                        .. I have experimented using different PCs, browsers, turning off virus,trying on China time vs US time, etc BUT it's clear this is an intended result .. when I sent msg to Fab, I got email saying they added extra month to license (which they did) & they were online & I should just do what I had been doing all along ?... I have been, with same result. So with no further word from Fab, my conclusion is that, in USA, if you don't have already have lifetime license on a module, when renew time comes, you're finished!

.. I really feel bad since I've been a customer since the DVDfab5 days & always been happy; there were reasons I didn't get lifetime lic which I now regret but unless they find a way to handle 'old' customers in USA who chose to use renewals, it doesn't look good.

jak
                        Give them time!! there working on it. Its a complicated world out there. They do have one of the best records for customer support. Point, extension of your module do you think they would do that if they were going to drop you without a fight? Or better yet look at it this way money talks. I'm sure the US was and still can be a BIG money maker for them. They will try to find a work around, keep using your extension if it goes away move on.

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieBob View Post
                          Give them time!! there working on it. Its a complicated world out there. They do have one of the best records for customer support. Point, extension of your module do you think they would do that if they were going to drop you without a fight? Or better yet look at it this way money talks. I'm sure the US was and still can be a BIG money maker for them. They will try to find a work around, keep using your extension if it goes away move on.
                          Yea... You & CBR929 are both right, I get a little too emotional sometimes.
                          Patience is a noble virtue & The Fab crew would be hard to beat by any measure ... so I'll certainly hang in there with everyone else ... jak

Comment

Kudos to DVDFab Crew!

Originally posted by jakish View Post
                            Yea... You & CBR929 are both right, I get a little too emotional sometimes.
                            Patience is a noble virtue & The Fab crew would be hard to beat by any measure ... so I'll certainly hang in there with everyone else ... jak
                            I just want to give a great shoutout to all the Fab people & particularly those who promptly fixed some renewal problems I had with my DVD Copy module which goes back to the DVD5 days ... They now seem to have the buy/renew going well, especially for the USA crowd with their new payment processor. Their product support is top-notch .. jak

Comment

Well by the looks of things, I just tried to purchase three additional modules and I got the following pop up notice:

"Sorry, the following products are currently not available to customers within U.S. territories due to corresponding local laws and regulations.(Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Ripper, Blu-ray to DVD Converter,Passkey for Blu-ray, Blu-ray Copy + Blu-ray Ripper, Blu-ray Toolkit, Passkey for DVD & Blu-ray)"

The biggest problem here is that only one of the modules was for Blue-ray. The other two had nothing to do with Blue-ray. This resets the order form instead of asking if you would like to continue with the rest of your order minus the Blue-ray product.

Oh well, I'll just hold off a bit as I'm not that much of a hurry. The item I was interested in was Blu-ray to DVD Converter.

Comment

Working...
                              X