This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Is this the end?

So, does this mean that DVDFab has lost the current legal battle?
    "BluFab will no longer decrypt any DVD and Blu-ray protections."
    Or is it just BluFab, and DVDFab will continue decrypting DVD
    and Blu-ray's?

Hi ribald
    Just stick with DVDFab and forget about blue fab.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

What is blufab?

We need an official statement...really more clear than that...
      Last edited by Jeep le rippeur; 03-24-2014, 12:54 AM.
      Before to ask support:
      http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=16

Avant de demander du support:
      http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=10981

Comment

Hi Jeep le rippeur
        This is how I understand it but, remember I do not work for DVDFab I'm a member just like you and every other member here.

To my knowledge and testing BluFab today it is the same as DVDFab9 but, without decrypting abilities.

So future customers will be buying BluFab and have to use an on the fly decrypter like "Passkey" to remove protections in order to copy and convert their movies.

Customers who have purchased DVDFab before this legal action will still be getting DVDFab updates with the encrypting tool, so no on the fly decrypter will be needed.

Like I said before, I maybe wrong about some of this but, this is how I understand it, only DVDFab staff know everything pertaining to this.
        CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 03-24-2014, 02:05 AM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

None of this is entirely correct. BluFab is a specialized version, the purpose of which can't really be discussed for now for a number of reasons. DVDFab will continue to work as it always has for existing customers, so please use that for updates and be patient.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry if I gave the wrong information...
            CBR929

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              None of this is entirely correct. BluFab is a specialized version, the purpose of which can't really be discussed for now for a number of reasons. DVDFab will continue to work as it always has for existing customers, so please use that for updates and be patient.
              You do realize that what you have said implies something else on top of what apparent confusion exists. What is known is that Blufab will not decrypt but will work with Passkey (which in a roundabout fashion means that nothing has changed at all) and now you’re saying it will be a specialized version. In short, to do what? I know you can’t talk about…I get that but with each new thing said comes more obfuscation.

Comment

I think you should all settle down until Fengtao is ready to make a statement. I am sure that he is trying to sort this crap bought on by the MPAA so that existing and future users are not inconvenienced but it may take a little time and a few iterations to get it right. At the moment you ere all working on guesswork, rumours and Chinese whispers.

I will say one thing thought! In over 10 years of dealing with Fengtao and DVD Fab, I have never been let down once.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Well said
                  I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                  I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
                  X