Updating from DVDFab9136

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating from DVDFab9136

Upon trying to update from DVDFab9136 to DVDFab9137Beta, I keep getting a virus warning, something to do with the Options folder. Is anyone else having this issue? I have tried both from the automatic update to just downloading and install method.
    Attached Files

Worked fine for me but I'm not using Bitdefender. Is there a way to tell the program that DVDFab is a safe sender?

Comment

Originally posted by jimspencer View Post
      Upon trying to update from DVDFab9136 to DVDFab9137Beta, I keep getting a virus warning, something to do with the Options folder. Is anyone else having this issue? I have tried both from the automatic update to just downloading and install method.

I have DVDFab9 9136 and I'm using Bitdefender Total.

There was a notice, I believe it was from last year, where you could add a link from DVDFab to the execption section of Bitdefender. It permitted access to DVDFab through Bitdefender.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
        Worked fine for me but I'm not using Bitdefender. Is there a way to tell the program that DVDFab is a safe sender?
        Yes, I can put an exclusion for the folder in question, but I want to make sure I am not opening the door for a Trojan. That is why I posed the question, "Is anyone else having this issue?" Does this problem maybe have something to do with the changes at DVDFAB regarding decryption, perhaps causing a false positive?
        Just a side note, I have never had an issue with BitDefender before where it concerns DVDFAB, and I have been using them for quite some time.
        Last edited by jimspencer; 04-02-2014, 07:03 PM. Reason: Additional Information to clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by jimspencer View Post
          I also received the same message using F-Secure Antivirus. I uninstalled 9.1.3.7 Beta and reinstalled 9.1.3.6 with no issues.

Comment

Thanks for all of your feedback. In order to solve the problem, we need your help by posting some logs.

hi,jimspencer, plz post the following logs as attachment.

C:\Users\***\Documents\DVDFab9\Temp\updateTemp\upd ateLog\update.log
            and dvdfab_internal.log

And another question:
            Had dvdfab required you to restart your computer and you refuse to do that?
            I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
            Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Edison View Post
              Thanks for all of your feedback. In order to solve the problem, we need your help by posting some logs.

and dvdfab_internal.log

And another question:
              I just installed 9.1.3.7 Beta and there no virus detected this time. Strange.

Comment

I use Symantec Endpoint Protection and was able to update to DVDFab9137 without any problem.

Comment

I have found over some time now that whenever I used the automatic download I had problems with those programs...one way or another.I always go to the Fab forum and download from there.Never failed me once.Never.

Comment

DVDFab9137Beta install log

Originally posted by Edison View Post

and dvdfab_internal.log

And another question:
                    FabCopy (2014/04/02 11:23:33)

0m 00.01s: Run param is: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/update_config.xml
                    0m 00.01s: allow_test : false
                    0m 00.02s: fab_app_path : C:/Program Files (x86)/DVDFab 9/
                    0m 00.02s: current_version_type : Official
                    0m 00.02s: update_temp_path : D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/
                    0m 00.02s: current_version : 9136
                    0m 00.02s: language_name : ENU
                    0m 00.03s: qm_file : C:/Program Files (x86)/DVDFab 9/QLanguage/DVDFabQt_ENU.qm
                    0m 00.03s: allow_beta : true
                    0m 00.03s: force_newsetup : false
                    0m 00.03s: auto_check : true
                    0m 00.03s: dvdfab_modulename : DVDFab_Process
                    0m 00.04s: current_version : 9137
                    0m 00.04s: current_version_type :
                    0m 00.04s: skip_version : false
                    0m 00.04s: continue_update : false
                    0m 00.04s: file_names : author;BDMV;CGP;config.xml;DVDFab.exe;FabCheck.exe ;FabCopy.exe;FabCore.exe;FabRegOp.exe;FabReport.ex e;FabUpdate.exe;FileMove.rcc;FileMover.exe;icon;Op tions;profiles6;QLanguage;Qt5Qml.dll;Readme.txt;st yle.css;swscale-2.dll;temp;template;appcfg.zip;fabcom.crt;fabui.rc c;QT Log.lnk;uicfg.zip;
                    0m 00.55s: Copy folder: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/author/
                    0m 00.58s: Copy folder: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/BDMV/
                    0m 00.60s: Copy folder: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/CGP/
                    0m 00.60s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/config.xml
                    0m 00.62s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/DVDFab.exe
                    0m 00.62s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/FabCheck.exe
                    0m 00.63s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/FabCopy.exe
                    0m 00.63s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/FabCore.exe
                    0m 00.64s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/FabRegOp.exe
                    0m 00.64s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/FabReport.exe
                    0m 00.65s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/FabUpdate.exe
                    0m 00.65s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/FileMove.rcc
                    0m 00.66s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/FileMover.exe
                    0m 00.84s: Copy folder: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/icon/
                    0m 00.86s: Copy folder: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/Options/
                    0m 01.05s: Copy folder: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/profiles6/
                    0m 01.15s: Copy folder: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/QLanguage/
                    0m 01.16s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/Qt5Qml.dll
                    0m 01.16s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/Readme.txt
                    0m 01.16s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/style.css
                    0m 01.17s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/swscale-2.dll
                    0m 01.18s: Copy folder: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/temp/
                    0m 01.25s: Copy folder: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/template/
                    0m 01.26s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/appcfg.zip
                    0m 01.26s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/fabcom.crt
                    0m 01.26s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/fabui.rcc
                    0m 01.27s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/QT Log.lnk
                    0m 01.35s: Copy file: D:/JimSpencer/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/updateTemp/unzipTemp/uicfg.zip

I always restart when it tells me to. I completely disabled Bitdefender to install DVDFab9137Beta
                    Last edited by jimspencer; 04-04-2014, 04:06 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

To my surprise, when I updated from DVDFab 9136 to DVDFab 9138, I ended with DVDFab 9138 BETA.

What is the difference between the two?
                      Do I need to uninstall DVDFab 9138 BETA and re-install DVDFab 9138?

I have the All-in-one, lifetime version. Windows 7, 64 bits with IE.

Comment

9139 beta is the latest out today when you click on the file to download it from the forum page the link will tell you what's new in the update so you can read it before you click on the file to download it.Here it is for the 9139 beta.

Comment

Yes, use the link glenns provided and install the latest over the top of whatever you have installed now. There never was a 9138 Beta that I saw.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            Yes, use the link glenns provided and install the latest over the top of whatever you have installed now. There never was a 9138 Beta that I saw.
                            You brought me back to the 9135 version. It made my job a lot easier...Thank you.

Thing is, after updating, I'm still getting, in *search for updates* and in *start DVDFab* the 9138 (Beta)
                            [/B][/U] as MY version and OFFICIAL latest version.

YES, it says: 9138 (Beta)
                            Last edited by mdgboxx; 04-12-2014, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
                              You brought me back to the 9135 version. It made my job a lot easier...Thank you.

Thing is, after updating, I'm still getting, in *check for updates* and in *start DVDFab* the 9138 (Beta)
                              [/B][/U] as MY version and OFFICIAL latest version.

YES, it says: 9138 (Beta)

EDIT: I think I got it this time. Look at line #4

0m 00.43s:

DVDFab 9.1.3.8 (2014/04/11 11:36:27)

0m 00.52s: Init Public log : enabled.
                              0m 00.52s: Init Private log : finish.
                              0m 00.52s: App info: 2014-4-8
                              0m 00.52s: App info: 9.1.3.8 9138 Beta
                              0m 00.95s: Init CrashReportSettings : enabled.
                              0m 00.95s: Init DVDInfo_Log : enabled.
                              0m 00.96s: Init Qt_Log : disabled.

Comment

Working...
                              X