9.1.3.8 defaulted to Manual Proxy and wouldn't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time, an update could not connect to the internet. I checked Common Settings and Network was set to "Manual Proxy" (a setting I never use). When I changed the setting to Direct Connection to the Internet, DVDFab logged in and everything was fine.

System is Windows 7 with an i7 Processor.

I did not notice this with v9.1.3.8, it maintained all my settings correctly. Anyone else have this problem?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, I had the same exact problem as Jeffie, I installed the program then tried to run it. The program asked me to reboot, I rebooted and a window came up saying could not connect. It gave me an option to change internet connection, I changed to Direct Connection to the internet, DVDFab logged in and back to normal. Hope this ads some light.

System is Window 7 Ultimate, 16 gigs ram, Galaxy 550 TI 2 gigs ram, ASROCK P67 PRO 3 Mother Board with intel i5 3.4 ghz cpu, and 10 Terabytes of Seagate Hard Drives.
      JDUNGY

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        I did not notice this with v9.1.3.8, it maintained all my settings correctly. Anyone else have this problem?
        No problems here!!!
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi,

DVDFab will select the "Manual proxy configuration" option automatically when click "Set proxy" button on the "Failed to connect Internet" dialog.
          And DVDFab will use the local network connection first (not the proxy) if the proxy setting is empty.

To clear the issue, just delete the DVDFab config file in "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab9" and try to start DVDFab again, DVDFab should be also start normally and check the network setting again in common setting. .

Wilson
          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 04-09-2014, 01:31 AM.
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X