Verbatim vs TDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Media Verbatim vs TDK?

I need to buy some blank DVD+R DL disks for burning. Previously I have used Verbatim with great success.

When I went on Amazon, I saw that they have the same 20 disk spindle of Verbatim for around $25.00. I also saw they had a 50 disk spindle of TDK brand for the same price. Does anyone have any experience with TDK?

It's hard to know based on the reviews whether or not people really have had a bad experience with them or are just relaying here-say. Some people have said that problems occur with TDK when your burn speed is too fast. I just figured I'd ask on a forum where almost everyone uses blank media.

I'm not a cheap skate and would rather go for quality, but 50 disks for the same price as 20 is worth investigating.

It has been my experience that (especially for DLs) Verbatim is hard to beat. The problem with other brands is that they often get their blanks from contract manufactureres, with the order going to the lowest bidder, hence the quality can cary widely over time as the actual supplier (but not the brand name) change.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X